997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

The best front lips for 997.2's?

Old 08-20-2011, 01:08 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Good call, +1. Would love one of these lips in stock bendy plastic. That would seal the deal.

Originally Posted by ConcreteRon
Does anybody know where to get the one from Werks, Champion's site shows it, but it is in carbon fiber. The one on the orange car above does not appear to be carbon fiber. I am trying to find the one that is not carbon fiber. Thanks for any help.

Old 08-20-2011, 01:56 PM
wiz
wiz is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GS997S
Maybe some Halle Berry's.
this.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Arerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant futureArerrac911 has a brilliant future
Has anyone else got a Vorsteiner or FVD lip installed? I'm tossing up between the two.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:30 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Arerrac911
Has anyone else got a Vorsteiner or FVD lip installed? I'm tossing up between the two.
I received my FVD front lip last week. I love the look and the quality appears to be great too. It's currently being finished at the body shop so I'll get better pics next week.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:57 AM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Thanks Kev!!

Originally Posted by K-E-V
I received my FVD front lip last week. I love the look and the quality appears to be great too. It's currently being finished at the body shop so I'll get better pics next week.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:31 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
retro

not for everyone but always loved the 993 gt2 curl on the front chin spoiler and with the 997 going back to round lights wanted something that went back to pay homage... so went with this....hamman

Attached Images    
Old 01-31-2012, 12:02 PM
BallVice is on a distinguished road
Hamman

I have a 2006 C2S with Factory areo kit. They make the wrap around product for my car? How much was yours and is it urethane?

Thanks!

Frank

Originally Posted by mickfluff
not for everyone but always loved the 993 gt2 curl on the front chin spoiler and with the 997 going back to round lights wanted something that went back to pay homage... so went with this....hamman

Old 01-31-2012, 12:29 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
The factory aero kit balances the front/rear aero properties. Any other change not validated on a wind tunnel is pure bling and may be dangerous.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:34 PM
Beru is on a distinguished road
I tried to download an image and it don't works. But take a look at Speedart, check their website . Great look body kits ! ( I have no affiliation with them )

Old 02-01-2012, 01:34 AM
tri
tri is on a distinguished road
Regarding the FVD lip, it's clean looking and I think it's made out of plastic. Last time I checked with Rhonda it was about $1000 for the lip. You have to let her know you want one, then when there's a big shipment from FVD to the US, they'll throw one in for you. It can be a long wait but the lip is definitely worth it IMO

Old 02-21-2012, 11:42 PM
socalbd has a spectacular aura aboutsocalbd has a spectacular aura about
Just got my FVD lip today. Here's an abstract of what I just posted in the Detailing section. FYI, and welcome insight...

Here's the item online: http://www.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/99...yurethane.html

2008 997.1 C2S. I'd like to keep FVD lip unfinished black as I have the black stone guards and plan on black exhaust tips and matte black for the rear valence--so the look fits.

However, after receiving it, the raw finish of the polyurethane's not quite to spec for me to leave raw and install as-is, with small finishing marks and a general "schmear" from manufacturing...what can I do to clean up/polish or generally wipe down the black polyurethane so that it looks a little more decent--and keep it up? Was thinking wiping it down with acetone, MEK or the like, to get it consistent, then something to clean it up. Ultimately want it a consistent matte finish. Thoughts?

Also, the C2S already has the clear bra on the front. Assuming I can apply with provided double sided tape directly to the clear bra and have a tight fit with no fear of the bra coming loose under pressure and the lip coming off in a disaster of some sort?

Thanks, folks!

Old 02-22-2012, 09:26 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
no

they do not make it for that set up, its fiberglass and in the 1250 to 1500 range... before prep, paint, install and 3m wrap...

Originally Posted by BallVice
I have a 2006 C2S with Factory areo kit. They make the wrap around product for my car? How much was yours and is it urethane?

Thanks!

Frank

Old 02-22-2012, 09:26 AM
nope

comical

Originally Posted by adias
The factory aero kit balances the front/rear aero properties. Any other change not validated on a wind tunnel is pure bling and may be dangerous.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:36 PM
PorscheJoe will become famous soon enough
I would personally go with Factory Aerokit cup. They are functional, safe & should fit perfectly. They are definitely more expensive, but it also gives an awesome look with no issues at high speeds, etc.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:43 AM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
I wonder if that lip offered for the 991 would fit our 997.2s that would be nice and cheap too at less than 200. See suncoast.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The best front lips for 997.2's?