997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

GT3 997.2 front on a 2006 997

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 01:26 PM
Djork will become famous soon enoughDjork will become famous soon enough
Arrow GT3 997.2 front on a 2006 997

Hello,

I'm new to the boards and I just purchased a 2006 Carrera. I tried searching but couldn't find anything regarding this.

I would like to put the 997.2 GT3 front bumper on my Carrera, but I have a few questions.

1) Will the OEM 997.2 GT3 fit perfectly on my 2006 Carrera as far as mounting it?

2) For the turn signals, will I need to rewire everything or does it just plug right in?

3) Where would you recommend I buy the parts from? (Front bumper and Lights)

4) If not OEM, what other kit manufacturers make a 997.2 GT3 front that fits like OEM?

I read something about suncoast, but I want to make sure. Thanks!

Old 10-04-2011, 04:47 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Be ready to shell out big bucks if you were to go OEM. The GT3 bumper runs north of 6K total for all the necessary parts. Consider going to the Aero Kit or Speedster bumper instead.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:57 PM
speedphreek is a jewel in the roughspeedphreek is a jewel in the roughspeedphreek is a jewel in the rough
I have to agree with kev I have a 997 and considered going with the 997 gt3 front end but after seeing the cost and considering the potential further big spending if it got damaged I went with the aero and it looks great. I also got the mesh insert and from my perspective now I don't ever look at it and think I should have gotten the gt3. Either front end looks vastly better than the stock the gt3 just isn't enough of an upgrade over the aero to justify it IMO

Old 10-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Djork will become famous soon enoughDjork will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the reply guys.

Where would you recommend getting the Aerokit or Speedster?

Is there any 997.2 GT3 replicas out there that fit pretty well?

If found these, but want to see if anyone has any experience with the fitment.

http://precisionporsche.com/gt3-997-...er-131-pd.html

http://www.wickedmotorworks.com/part...p?partid=10123

Any other companies make a replica?

Thanks guys

Old 10-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Thomas9181 will become famous soon enoughThomas9181 will become famous soon enough
Suncoast kit is everything you need (per Suncoast). Check the Group Buy forum as I thing there is a good price floating around.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:49 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Thomas9181
Suncoast kit is everything you need (per Suncoast). Check the Group Buy forum as I thing there is a good price floating around.
Speedster / Aerokit front cant be obtained from Suncoast directly. Best prices hands down.

I would not suggest going replica since those are made with fiber glass. It would crack relatively easily.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:53 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to behold
I know you have your mind made up on the 997.2 GT3 bumper, but we might be in the upwards of 6-10k for all the parts, then painting and installation.

Another option is the Aerokit front bumper which are on sale this month here:
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product//997777.html

Still an aggresive bumper and much more wallet friendly. Let me know what if you have any questions. Happy to help.

ryan@suncoastparts.com

Old 10-13-2011, 07:59 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
My wife loves this bumper...

Could you please describe for us - how much more 'wallet friendly' this is?

Old 10-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to behold
Right now for this month (Oct 2011) we have it for 1295.00 not including shipping. Remember when comparing it to the $6-10k of the .2 GT3 bumper it is a much more "wallet frendly" alternative while still getting that aggresive GT3 look. Plus it is a direct fit for 997.1's.

ryan@suncoastparts.com

Old 10-13-2011, 11:52 AM
yvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of light
Ryan,

What are your Aero Bumpers made of?

Now, on the "cheap" side, there are those GT3 replica bumpers on Ebay, but there are made of fiberglass:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSC...item3a6b0c783d

Probably not the same quality.

Yves

Old 10-13-2011, 12:19 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by yvesvidal
Ryan,

What are your Aero Bumpers made of?

Now, on the "cheap" side, there are those GT3 replica bumpers on Ebay, but there are made of fiberglass:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSCHE-CARRERA-911-997-GT3-FRONT-BUMPER-BODY-KIT-05-08-/250904082493?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &hash=item3a6b0c783d

Probably not the same quality.

Yves
Yves,

This is a 100% genuine Porsche aerokit bumper. Not made of fiberglass I can assure you. It is the exact same material your stock bumper is made of.

ryan@suncoastparts.com

Old 10-13-2011, 06:55 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SuncoastRyan
Right now for this month (Oct 2011) we have it for 1295.00 not including shipping. Remember when comparing it to the $6-10k of the .2 GT3 bumper it is a much more "wallet frendly" alternative while still getting that aggresive GT3 look. Plus it is a direct fit for 997.1's.
Good stuff. Thanks!

Old 10-13-2011, 09:04 PM
simsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SuncoastRyan
That is a very good deal. The same bumper for my 2009 model goes for $2,695.

I've dealt with Suncoast before and for those not sure, they are a Porsche dealer so the items they sell are Porsche products (unless stated otherwise I suppose, but I haven't seen any non-Porsche items).

Gary

Old 10-13-2011, 09:34 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
I love the look, but had to regress to a regular front end for clearance purposes.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:10 PM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
Damn you Ryan!!!

Can Suncoast paint it prior to shipping so one wouldn't have to monkey around w/ hauling to/from body shop?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 997.2 front on a 2006 997