997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

991 rear bumper/tails conversion from 997.1/2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 09:03 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Since it's made by those jokers at Wicked, it must fit really well....... NOT!

Old 02-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Wow, and I was just thinking of getting my wife some bolt-on ***** and an *** job. You guys are an inspiration to us all

Old 02-08-2012, 09:34 PM
PSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond repute
Each iteration of the 911 has it's own character and appeal. I see each version as a cohesive work of art.

But then there is always the desire to customize your 911, make it your "own", and somewhat unique/different. So I guess a 997 --> 991 conversion would cater to that.

Anyway there are 996 --> 997 conversions out there, so why should we not expect some folks modify their cars to look like the newest model?

I'd have to see a finished conversion to decide if I like it. However, at the moment, I'm not a fan of the 991 front or rear on the actual 991, so I would be hard pressed to like it on a 997!

Old 02-09-2012, 12:22 AM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I'm waiting to see the 991 rear to 997 conversion.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Djork will become famous soon enoughDjork will become famous soon enough
Pretty cool...

Do you have any larger shots of the front? I would like to see where the headlights connect the front hood.

Looks pretty nice though, I wouldn't do the rear but the front looks good. Especially with those new DRLs, wonder if they can wire that with no errors.

Thanks for posting

Old 02-10-2012, 07:30 PM
johnnyamerica is on a distinguished road
This looks perfect .... from a thumbnail I bet up close it's not that well fitting.

Originally Posted by ksdprasad
i emailed them this morning. received the below picture. a real 997 with 991 front bumper.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:52 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
The Porsche fan base is quickly morfing into a ricer community.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:01 PM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Alan C.
I'm waiting to see the 991 rear to 997 conversion.
Couldn't have said it better myself....while I like the lights on the 991 the rest is just not doing it for me. 997 rear is much better.

Old 02-11-2012, 04:11 PM
JPSJR can only hope to improve
Originally Posted by adias
That's funny!!!

Old 07-13-2012, 09:23 PM
tunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by adias
explanation on this please.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:12 PM
killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tunedbygoody
explanation on this please.
like when people rebadge their Carrera as a GT3RS

Old 07-13-2012, 11:01 PM
tunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of lighttunedgoody is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by killacam
like when people rebadge their Carrera as a GT3RS
hahaha
Are those people who doing conversion GT3 bumper center exit exhaust or put GT3 wing on their Carrera consider ricer as well.

No hard feeling tho LOL I just want to see the line and limitation of being Porsche driver and ricer.

PS. My car now will even tag GT3RSR turbo

Old 07-14-2012, 12:09 AM
spf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the rough
^ How's the progress coming along on your new motor?

Old 07-14-2012, 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by spf4000
^ How's the progress coming along on your new motor?
Thanks for concern.
It turned out to be IMS failure. Now car is in the shop for building motor with better component. Car is in So-Cal now. It might go 4.0 Liter. I'm thinking about 4.0 but the thing is , I have to wait 4more week to get that done.

Old 07-14-2012, 01:39 AM
spf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by tunedbygoody
Thanks for concern.
It turned out to be IMS failure. Now car is in the shop for building motor with better component. Car is in So-Cal now. It might go 4.0 Liter. I'm thinking about 4.0 but the thing is , I have to wait 4more week to get that done.
Ah, the dreaded IMS failure. 4.0 would be pretty beastly! Good luck with the fix/upgrade!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 991 rear bumper/tails conversion from 997.1/2