997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Game over for the U.S. Grand Prix and the Circuit of the Americas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 11:32 AM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
Game over for the U.S. Grand Prix and the Circuit of the Americas

Damn - that sucks!!

http://tinyurl.com/clkuspo

Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2011, will go down as the day when the racing died in Austin, Texas. The 2012 Formula One United States Grand Prix and the track that would host it, the Circuit of the Americas, were dealt a one-two punch that seems unsurvivable--though neither the race nor the track has formally been pronounced dead.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:51 PM
terpsred has a spectacular aura aboutterpsred has a spectacular aura about
Well, I guess it's off to New Jersey then.....The Baltimore Indy race this year was a blast. Being from the East Coast we don't get too many premier races to watch.

Old 11-16-2011, 01:10 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
It isn't over 'till it's over. I'll remain optimistic.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:54 AM
PKing Fast has a spectacular aura aboutPKing Fast has a spectacular aura aboutPKing Fast has a spectacular aura about
----

Last edited by PKing Fast; 10-09-2020 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:23 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Haters.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:54 AM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
interesting read. wonder where it will end up as things progress. It looks grim at the moment but things could change. It seems as tho newJ is in line. Maybe that will get further than 10% compleation

It is a sad day tho, F1 is amazing

Old 11-18-2011, 03:28 PM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
I'm just sad that the 2013 MotoGP race won't be ran there..

Old 11-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
It struck me as totally odd and like the US just could not get out of its own way when the NJ race plan was announced. Why on earth, with the problems in just having a US GP at all, would a competitor show up to a track and race already under construction. I guess they knew something about the other race. Too bad.

But then the entire F1 sanctioning and race organizing business stinks so high to heaven, I'm amazed I can watch it on TV and not smell the funk. That business is so non-sporting its sickening. Ah, to have F1 GP racing to be about 'the racing' again some day, rather than the 'money'. Money is important and it makes it all go, but the pendulum has swung so far toward money and away from sport, that the F1 brand is just a dollar ***** at this point. Lessor drivers bringing big sponsorship funds buy their way in where their driving talent could not do so on its own, races are held in places where there is no support for racing (Korea.. what was that... 5 folks in the stands and they hadn't even emptied the stale milk from the fridge when they ended the previous year's race), while classic and significant races are no longer part of the scene (how can we not have a French GP?)

Between the circus that is the US efforts to stand up and run events and teams and the almost nil attendance at the Korean GP and the lack of support there... who knows what will be on the calendar. I'll believe a race is happening when I see the cars doing Practice 1.

Last edited by Minok; 11-21-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:42 AM
DocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud ofDocMartin9 has much to be proud of
Old 11-26-2011, 10:40 AM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
It seems they have not even reached an agreement yet. The checks not sent and the contracts not yet been singed by both parties. There is more going on we dont know about, There must be

Old 11-26-2011, 12:39 PM
D.Kinsey is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PKing Fast
Circuit racing in the US, let alone Texas...always knew that wasn't gonna happen.

Now if they created a circle track and made it a rule that you have to try to crash other people out to make it more entertaining, then the Americans might have caught on.
Idiot....

Old 11-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Atomic is on a distinguished road
if you know the rules going in, what is so hard about following them?? they knew they needed funding, before, they started trying to get the races set up in Austin?? Just wish the people that were putting the track in at Austin would have done their job better!!

Old 11-28-2011, 10:29 AM
Burnie Eclstone quote from the coverage of Brazil GP on Speed : while interviewed by Will Buxton ( ithink) texas is short of two things, A pen and money!

So this let's everyone know where they are in this track and race. It seems they have been givent the contract and they have not singed it...? I dont know, Just what was said in the interview. Burnie also said that he doesnt know why or whats going on in texas either.

Old 11-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by lopro
Burnie Eclstone quote from the coverage of Brazil GP on Speed : while interviewed by Will Buxton ( ithink) texas is short of two things, A pen and money!

So this let's everyone know where they are in this track and race. It seems they have been givent the contract and they have not singed it...? I dont know, Just what was said in the interview. Burnie also said that he doesnt know why or whats going on in texas either.

What is going on, if the first quoted article is accurate, is what is usually going on. An enterprise setting up a sports event tries to do so with as much OPM as possible (other peoples money). Relying on political maneuvering and promises of funding support that have now gone away has left the effort without the funds to close the deal without risking some direct investor money... and thats money they don't have or don't want to put up.

Given the debacle that is the Korean GP (where it looked like 5% of the seats were filled), its a wise thing not to invest in an F1GP unless you really know 'they will come'.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:34 PM
I think people in USA will come, I dont think this is the issue~

Personally I beleave there is more going on than were told, which just leaves the public to speculate!

Untill we know more it's just like beating a dead horse or playing a guessing game.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Game over for the U.S. Grand Prix and the Circuit of the Americas