997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

custom mat - lloyd mats, blk silver turbo w/ silver piping

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 01:17 AM
mozhacker will become famous soon enough
custom mat - lloyd mats, blk silver turbo w/ silver piping

got my custom Llloyds mats I ordered through suncoast with their black friday special. Wasn't able to find photos online of my combo so thought I'd post my photos for anyone interested.

Lloyds basically lets you select mat color, then for extra fee add option for embroidery of various logos (turbo, 911, 997, etc) in color thread you select, and additional fee option for side piping in color you select.

I have a blk/blk TT so I ordered the black mats with turbo embroidery in silver thread, and silver side piping. I'm thinking now maybe I should have gone with first gut thought and ordered the red turbo logo and red piping. Hmmm...maybe I'll order another set

stock mat driver side

stock mat passenger side

Lloyd mat driver side

lloyd mat passenger side

lloyd mat driver side closer view (sorry bad flash wash out - will have to retake photos in natural light)

lloyds driver rear mat - no one will really see it, never use the rear seats, but I'll know it's there

lloyds mat passenger side - no flash photo

lloyds mat passenger side - no flash

Only thing I have to do now is find some adhesive velcro patches somewhere. I didn't see any option to order my own preference of fasteners - they came with the plastic retaining strap and clips.

What I want to find, like the stock mats, is the adhesive velcro patches I can just stick on the mats and then secure them on top of the existing velcro mounts already in the car.

btw - serious rep points to Lloyds, first time I ever ordered from them and the packaging was quite impressive - not the box, I mean it's just cardboard for the mats, tough to damage floor mats in shipping. I mean inside, when I opened it up there was an attached quality check sticker on both main mats, and an actual hand stamped yellow slip with the names of the actual crafts people that worked on the mats:
Mat cutter:
Fastener:
Packaging:
Embroidery:
Logo QA, Initial cleaning, Woven Tag
Binding
Final Cleaning
Final inspection

I should take a photo of this yellow note card - it seriously has hand stamps of the names of the people next to each of these craft steps. Leads me to believe either a) they're just made up names (think not), or b) they retain people long term because they'd have to get a new stamp made per person

Ironically, I ordered a license frame at same time on black friday, got UPS tracker from sunocoast for the frame but nothing for the mats - but got mats today while frames are according to the tracker eta delivery next monday. I'm thinking suncoast doesn't ship the mats and just places the order with Lloyds.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:10 AM
JPSJR can only hope to improve
Nice Mats, I wish they would bring back the option for the heal portion so you don't wear the carpet. Nice choice!

Old 12-01-2011, 04:45 AM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by JPSJR
Nice Mats, I wish they would bring back the option for the heal portion so you don't wear the carpet. Nice choice!
Precisely. I have Weathertech floor liners in my P-car. They may look a bit 'industrial', but they work. The carpet under the liners looks as good as it did the day I bought the car.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:21 AM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mozhacker
Only thing I have to do now is find some adhesive velcro patches somewhere. I didn't see any option to order my own preference of fasteners - they came with the plastic retaining strap and clips.

What I want to find, like the stock mats, is the adhesive velcro patches I can just stick on the mats and then secure them on top of the existing velcro mounts already in the car.
Good looking mats!

On my Lloyds, I used a sharp utility knife to carefully removed the Lloyds straps by cutting the threads attaching them to back of mat. Then I cut four 2" x 2" self stick velcro strips - the fuzzy side. I had a pkg of it from another project but it's available at most craft, office supply and big box home improvement stores. Attached the strips to each pad in footwell, removed the protective tape and added a few extra dabs of Loctite super glue on the sticky side too (belt & suspenders I suppose ).

Then I placed mats in car and pressed down where velcro was located. Carefully removed mats (assist with pulling up patch) so velcro stays on the mat and not plastic pad in footwell. Pressed velcro further into place and allowed super glue to dry overnight outside of car. Next day... all dried and set to put the mats back in. Velcro hasn't come loose at all and now my mats attach like OEMs but they look soooo much better.

Good luck