997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Porsche experience opens in carson Ca. in 2013 !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 03:03 PM
KIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to all
Porsche experience opens in Carson Ca. in 2013 !!!

//dedeporsche.wordpress.com/2011/11/17/porsche-to-build-west-coast-experience-center-in-carson-california/

Oh boy, this could be a problem, I work two miles from there.
Anybody have a set of track wheels for a C4S they want to get ride of ??

Last edited by KIRKIN; 01-05-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:26 PM
DMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the rough
I'm not sure exactly what will be happening there. I went to the LA Auto Show and specifically asked about the Carson center. I was told that PSDS will not be moving there from Alabama and will not be teaching classes there.

However, they will be using the Carson facilities for car introduction events. If you've been to any of the SoCal events they've held at the Fontana track in the last couple of years - intro's for the Panamera, Cayenne GTS, those sorts of events - I think they'll end up all being at Carson. I imagine they'll do a lot of their dealer training events there as well, instead of renting tracks.

OTOH, I don't expect to see them opening up their facilities to the general public. Maybe they'd consider letting local PCA chapters (GPX, Orange Coast, others) use their site for AutoX or DE events - but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

As to the "sessions with highly trained Porsche driving consultants" -- I've no idea what that means. Private instruction sessions with PSDS instructors? (Doubtful.) Or test drives with sales people? (More likely.)

I suspect its use may evolve a bit once it opens. Whatever, I'm glad to see it and whatever it ends up being will likely be a significant improvement to Porsche's presence in SoCal.

DMoore
'11 GTS
'10 Panamera 4S

Old 01-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by DMoore
I'm not sure exactly what will be happening there. I went to the LA Auto Show and specifically asked about the Carson center. I was told that PSDS will not be moving there from Alabama and will not be teaching classes there.
Interesting... I could swear that the previous releases about the new facility read as if Porsche would, in fact, be all but replicating the PSDS, etc. experience in Alabama at the Carson site.