997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Anyone else guilty of just sitting and staring at your car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 10:52 PM
drive2006c4s is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by krysFly
Its winter so now I stare at a beautiful, shiny, silver,.....cover.
Yeah tell me about it! Yesterday I had that silver shiny cover on it for about 10 mins and then I took it off! it was too sad for me not being able to see my baby. In fact I might drive her around since weather has been nice in Chicago.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:58 AM
Michaelwww is a jewel in the roughMichaelwww is a jewel in the roughMichaelwww is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by carrera997re
I smoke so i always have a brew and a smoke while checkin out her curves. Shes always sexy
I only smoke when I'm sitting in the garage having a beer and admiring my car. Good to hear the thrill does not leave after the honeymoon. I figure people like to stare at their favorite artwork, and that is how I explain it to my wife. Mobile art.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:57 AM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Drive

Bought a 2007 Carrera S in Aug 2011, 26k miles CPO.
Just clicked over 31k miles.
Drove from Balt to New Orleans...3 days and a little Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge Parkway.
I want to Thank all the No drivers.
I Love buying used cars from you guys!

Old 01-09-2012, 11:04 AM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Vintage TONE
Speaking of "Garage Mahal's"............here is mine. BaBAAAAM!!!!

Where is the recliner and wet bar???? It's amazing..

Old 01-09-2012, 12:07 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by justatoy
I use too.......when I owned it! BUT now find myself just gazing at my computer screen with a picture of the car on it!

Stacy
you just torture yourself man, just go get an another one.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:38 PM
krysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant future
Forget the car, I would just sit and stare at your garage....

Old 01-09-2012, 03:39 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by utkinpol
you just torture yourself man, just go get an another one.
LOL....what you need some entertainment again!?

Originally Posted by krysFly
Forget the car, I would just sit and stare at your garage....
Personally I would take your hood ornament in your avatar over the garage....BUT both would be quite nice,LOL!

Stacy

Old 01-09-2012, 04:20 PM
evil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to behold
why do you guys use the word "guilty"? I thought that was normal behavior....

...now, ogling it all the time and not driving it - then there definitely is something wrong with you

Old 01-09-2012, 05:19 PM
krysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by justatoy
LOL....what you need some entertainment again!?

Personally I would take your hood ornament in your avatar over the garage....BUT both would be quite nice,LOL!

Stacy
Well, it is a garage of sorts

Old 01-09-2012, 05:45 PM
doktordyper is an unknown quantity at this point
i exhibit this behaviour, and especially now that i just had shoulder replacement surgery and will not be driving for at least a few weeks. i also just sit inside it; dust exterior w/ dust removal contraption; dust/clean brake dust from inside of wheels; spot polish any contaminated areas, etc. this all from a 50 year old adult.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:57 PM
mathfuzzy is on a distinguished road
In a very Californian simple response - Totally!

Every night that I'm home. It's part of the nightly ritual.

Right now my p- car is garage-less - unfortunately. But from previous experience, I also find that it's good to have a dozen or so nice vintage Porsche factory racing posters on the walls of the garage to stare at as well.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:01 PM
StockKiller is on a distinguished road
Guilty as charged! I think any Porsche owner has this great feeling! And what a great problem to have!

Old 01-09-2012, 07:04 PM
ACRB is on a distinguished road
Absolutely! I am so glad that I’m not alone with this obsession. I look for any excuse to go to the garage and stare at the car. Sometimes I’ll just sit in it, and hope that my wife doesn’t wonder what the hell I’m doing. I found myself trying out all the different languages on the Nav system the other night.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:01 PM
Vintage TONE has a spectacular aura aboutVintage TONE has a spectacular aura aboutVintage TONE has a spectacular aura about
Another few of my garage. LOL, you guys are funny. I had no idea some of you would like the garage so much. I thought I was the only nut and my wife did too.

And some other toys...............................

Last edited by Vintage TONE; 01-10-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Cramhar2 can only hope to improve
V tone, that can't be real! Amazing set up my friend. Send more pics, I'm inspired.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone else guilty of just sitting and staring at your car?