997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Speaker grills look CHEAP. Ideas?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 03:07 PM
socalbd has a spectacular aura aboutsocalbd has a spectacular aura about
Speaker grills look CHEAP. Ideas?

Don't know why I didn't pay attention sooner, but while cleaning the doors in the light, I concluded the flimsy, plastic, Bose speaker grills look crappy. I did a quick search for threads, but it didn't come up.

I haven't taken the doors apart and can't tell if it's all integrated, and thus impractical, but has anyone upgraded this area? I don't care about the sound, it just looks worse than a [insert crummy car here]...

Thanks!

Old 02-05-2012, 04:57 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Not sure what you are referring to?!

Old 02-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Driver and passenger door towards the hinge, forward and beneath the handle. Door speakers.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:03 PM
aproo will become famous soon enoughaproo will become famous soon enough
You could have it wrapped in leather. It was an option when one purchase a new car. Its a nice touch if you have the full interior leather option.

You cannot take out the speaker grilles per se as they are plastic welded to the plastic door panels. However, that saying, it is possible to take them out provided you have a good craftsman who can do plastic welding whereby he/she has to leave enough plastic to melt them together after the leather wrapping is performed. It is a lot of work.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:05 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by socalbd
Driver and passenger door towards the hinge, forward and beneath the handle. Door speakers.
That is the all part of the door cover, Bose or non Bose. Looks fine IMO

Old 02-06-2012, 06:30 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
After market grills stuck to the door would look a good deal worse IMHO.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Looks as if there's nothing to do; just another of those items where i'd have paid Porsche a few extra $$$ to match interior quality to the amazing running gear and power plant.m is what it is, just could have been far better for next to no cost. Eh. Love it anyway.