997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Griot's Garage products--quality?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 04:44 PM
JPSJR can only hope to improve
Originally Posted by gellie
I use Groits products as well. However I find Adams speed shine supior to Groits.
Really? I tried Adams and felt it didn't last as long or slick enough. Btw, beautiful car, really like the color. Where are you located in NJ?

Joe

Old 02-24-2012, 06:23 PM
nalukane is on a distinguished road
Love Griot's products....especially the wheel cleaner. I'm fortunate to live a short drive from the Griot's Garage in Tacoma, WA. First Saturday of the month is Caffeine & Gasoline.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:32 PM
SToronto will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by JPSJR
I like it a lot, I only use the leather care spray every three weeks as needed. In between I use the interior cleaner which leaves everything really clean and doesn't leave a greasy feel on the seats, top shelf stuff!

Joe
Cool thanks! I pick up my first P-car tomorrow, super excited for it. Curious on what to use to take care of my leather.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:59 PM
JPSJR can only hope to improve
Congrats on your new P-Car!!! Enjoy, use interior cleaner first, lol

Old 02-25-2012, 07:50 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
I've used a bunch of their products and have been very happy. Living in the NE, I've also used the car wash stuff and micro fiber towels to "wash" the car indoors. Not perfect, but not bad. The car wash is more expensive and doesn't seem really worth the extra cost over the speed shine, though. I also have the 6" and 3" polishers. The Best of Show wax does really well and lasts a long time. Have also used the one step polish/wax on the leased car left outside and the car beads water forever!

Only bum product I recently bought was the $70 portable air pump. Looks really good and would be great for pumping up *****, toys, etc., but they fail to mention in the catalog that the engine in your car needs to be RUNNING while you use the pump!

The leather cleaner is also good. Not greasy and seems to last.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:05 AM
Boxzing is on a distinguished road
I use Best of Show wax. Hand applied, nice shine, lasts about 3-4 months but very hard to remove especially if it sits on the car (>3 minutes). So I wax a panel and within a minute, I remove it. I use Mother's detailer spray to help in the removal process, better than Meguier's detailer spray for this. I won't buy again. Previously, Ive used Einzett (sp) products and will go back to them.

I also bought their Paint Sealant and was not impressed. Again hard to remove.

Keep in mind, I probably would get better results using a rotary buffer (Griot's version looks nice) but for hand application, I'm looking elsewhere.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:34 AM
1977jw is on a distinguished road
Their products are pretty good. However, one thing I can't stand is they charge extra for the sprayer, and they always leak. I've had to have 5 sprayers replaced which they've been good with.

Old 02-25-2012, 02:36 PM
jacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nice
Griot wax update

Reporting in with results of new Griot Carnauba wax.

Very easy to apply (bought their little yellow foan handle to use with small red wax pads - excellent ergonomics). While wax smells like an over-perfumed taxi cab, it applies and buffs off very easily, leaving zero residue on rubber trim.

My conclusion is that this new product is superior to the old Best in Show liquid wax, which I've used for about 15 years or so, but not quite as good as Dodo Juice.

This said, it is a great value and will be my go-to product for waxing, with Menzerna Top Inspection for periodic touch ups.

On the leather side, have been using Zymol products for about 20 years. Frankly, I don't know if they are any good, but I adore the smell.

Old 02-25-2012, 07:01 PM
2geeze is on a distinguished road
Thanks to everyone for their input. I'll check out the wash, the Speed Shine, the leather cleaner, and the window cleaner, in addition to grabbing a bucket and cart. At least that's a place to start.

Brad

Old 02-26-2012, 06:23 AM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
OVER PRICED AND MARGINAL QUALITY...

You can buy most anything they sell elsewhere and for much less money...

Old 02-26-2012, 07:23 AM
Thoughts on leather cleaner comparison to Lexol?

Old 02-26-2012, 07:27 AM
jacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nice
Exclamation Lexol

Don't even go there; we switched from Lexol to Oakwood on riding tack a long time ago - too much potential for sticky build with the Lexol. Go with Zymol or other auto-specific leather products

Old 02-26-2012, 07:31 AM
Originally Posted by jacques1960
Don't even go there; we switched from Lexol to Oakwood on riding tack a long time ago - too much potential for sticky build with the Lexol. Go with Zymol or other auto-specific leather products
Just checked out Zymol, they only seem to have a leather cleaner on their site. What about something to preserve the leather for preventative maintenance?

Old 02-26-2012, 01:55 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SToronto
Thoughts on leather cleaner comparison to Lexol?
I searched long and hard over the years... the best leather conditioner for both coated and natural leaner is Sonus Leather Conditioner. It maintains the leather without adding shine. Besides, no need to use more than one or two times a year. I often see leather seats looking old and shiny due to over treatment and use of products which tend to accumulate and are sticky - a shame really.

As far as leather cleaner - the Porsche Leather Cleaner available at your Porsche dealer is the best there is.

Last edited by adias; 02-26-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:18 PM
BLKonBLK911C4S is on a distinguished road
Everybody will have a different opinions on their favorite products. Griots speed shine is loved by many as well as Optimum no rinse (ONR). usually Optimum is ranked as most people's favorite a you can use it as an additive in your wash bucket, as a spray and a clay lube.

Griot's orbital is ranked very high as well and a lot less expensive than a flex and will provide just a good results.

Check the detailing forum here and elsewhere for great advise on detailing products and tools. You will find great reviews an tips. Since my car is black a product might not work as well so I really investigate prior to using anything on the exterior.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Griot's Garage products--quality?