997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

wont drive in snow because....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 02:22 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by home7271
I agree with your observation on the 'cause' when i first saw the video. However, I think it's a bit insensitive to criticize the driver's skills. Even the best drivers make mistake.

We can all learn from this but, out of respect, I would leave comments on the drive's skill out of this.
That was my point in posting that, which was to take the opportunity to point out something we can all learn from to help prevent other people from having bad circumstances themselves, opposed to the OP saying "this is why I won't drive in snow."

I take a pretty hard line with these things which some people don't appreciate, but I look at it from the perspective of the fact myself and my kids could have been in one of those vehicles, and because of somebody's else's mistake, we could all get badly injured or killed. I'm the same way regardless of the situation. I've made mistakes myself and I'm very thankful I've never hurt anybody else, and all of my accidents have been single car.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:15 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
My intention with the post was 2 share it. I agree that its disturbing, hence the warning.But I will say I drive in the snow on a regular basis and when I saw this video it made me MORE aware of the slush line. If posting this saves 1 life, its done its job.

If u guys feel it should b removed, I will ask Chuck 2 remove it.

Jim

Old 03-18-2012, 08:15 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Leave it Jim, how many posts have you made that not everyone liked?

Old 03-18-2012, 08:26 AM
Vintage TONE has a spectacular aura aboutVintage TONE has a spectacular aura aboutVintage TONE has a spectacular aura about
This video has been making it's rounds on all the car forums.

I actually had my wife watch it. It is very disturbing and morbid as mentioned but hopefully it can help save some lifes.

It shows very simply how one little mistake coupled with horrible timing can be horrible.

RIP to the lost ones in this crash.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:52 AM
krysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant future
To change the mood, this is a video I recently found. Its pretty amazing..
It would be my new hobby if I had the $$$

Old 03-18-2012, 09:00 AM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by krysFly
To change the mood, this is a video I recently found. Its pretty amazing..
It would be my new hobby if I had the $$$

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgdIE2t8QkM
I guess when you have nothing to do and money you do stupid crap like that. What a waste. Dumb.

I guess if the unit fails and he crashes people are suppose to feel sorry for him.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:04 AM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
That jetman stuff is sick! Thanks for sharing krys!

Old 03-18-2012, 09:18 AM
krysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant future
[QUOTE=RaidersR1;3488791]I guess when you have nothing to do and money you do stupid crap like that. What a waste. Dumb.

I guess if the unit fails and he crashes people are suppose to feel sorry for him.[/QUOTE

I don't think you can look at this like that. There are many (if not all) activities that don't make sense, for example what's the point of skiing? you go up only to come down. Taking your Porsche to track to drive in a circle. Its all relative.
People jump out of perfectly fine airplanes.

Is it stupid to be strapped to a personal jet rocket? Maybe, but I would love to try it!

Old 03-18-2012, 10:30 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Again the post is to teach....for those who dont drive in snow, this happens in slush. Be aware of the slush line!

Old 03-18-2012, 10:33 AM
CHIrosche can only hope to improve
Or poor car maintenance ... Balding tires, poor alignment, etc... Of course excessive speed, common sense for conditions, etc... Plus the completely unwarranted it was just your time to go and **** happens!

Old 03-19-2012, 01:04 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
very graphic and disturbing so b careful!

http://rmirror.net/r/videos/comments...accident_nsfl/
So either the tires were shot, or they were not driving properly (stepped on the accelerator suddenly or baked suddenly and hard?) followed by over correction in a top heavy SUV. Nothing on the road seemed bad, as the car in front of them had no issues and managed to pass the truck and get back to the right lane without a hitch.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
Again the post is to teach....for those who dont drive in snow, this happens in slush. Be aware of the slush line!
This happens when-ever one set of driven wheels in on one type of surface and the other side is on a different type of surface.

If you watched the GP of Australia this weekend, you saw that when the Ferrari got one side on the grass, the other side still on the pavement. Whip and around it went. Schumacher did that with the Mercedes as well.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:17 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well aware of different surfaces....it looks like it gets in the slush and over correction, wet surface pulls him hard into the panel truck. Same affect as getting into the grass and over correction 2 dry pavement, instead of slight correction, will sling shot u across the track into armco......