997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My 997 Pictures, Before/After

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 12:35 AM
m3drei is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kkswow12
is that natural brown over meteor grey?
Its terracotta over seal grey

Old 04-20-2012, 08:01 AM
4dr-360 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by m3drei
The GT3 vent is purely atheistic, my local mechanic has the vent template, all I had to get was the vent itself, ~$30.
Dallas, Its a gundo hacked exhaust with AWE tips.
Love the car, and that interior is awesome, wish I could have found that interior for a white C2S!!! 2 Q's:

1- How do you like the Gundo+AWE tip combo? (I am considering doing exactly that)
2- Where did you get the lip & grill, dealer or somewhere online? (I am debating a gt3 front clip vs a similar set up.
3- I see the LED strips, look like the one's my friend has on his M6, how do you like them? (I am considering ROTec DRL's, I am def getting the ROTec tails and considering options for the front)

Speed safe!

Old 04-20-2012, 09:38 AM
HATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of light
need to know where you got that front lower lip ???......it looks great !!

Old 04-20-2012, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by 4dr-360
Love the car, and that interior is awesome, wish I could have found that interior for a white C2S!!! 2 Q's:

1- How do you like the Gundo+AWE tip combo? (I am considering doing exactly that)
2- Where did you get the lip & grill, dealer or somewhere online? (I am debating a gt3 front clip vs a similar set up.
3- I see the LED strips, look like the one's my friend has on his M6, how do you like them? (I am considering ROTec DRL's, I am def getting the ROTec tails and considering options for the front)

Speed safe!
Thanks for the compliments!
1. I really love the gundo+AWE combo. Since my came with dual outlet exhaust tips, upgrading to quad was a no brainer. The AWE tips fill the exhaust opening very nicely, but keeping the chrome clean is a pain; I gave up after my 2nd trackday lol
2. The lip is made by GT3Tek, I bought it from FVD. I highly recommend the GT3Tek lip, very well made and the fitment is great. Much more aggressive look while still maintaining stock front clearance. Here is a link to the GT3 bumper smile info (http://www.rennline.com/GT3-Smile-Ve...oductinfo/E90/)
3. I like the LED strip in the front. I bought them on ebay for ~30, since I had the bumper off to install the rennline mesh kit, it was a breeze. I just could not justify spending $500+ on LED DRL/turn signals. I did get Repo LED taillight, but that is another mess by itself.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by HATTRICK
need to know where you got that front lower lip ???......it looks great !!
Thanks hattrick! here is the link to the front lip.

http://www.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/99...yurethane.html

Old 04-20-2012, 11:32 AM
4dr-360 is on a distinguished road
Great, thanks M3drei!!!

One last Q, where did you pick up the Aero wing? I have been looking at diff materials and concerned about fitment & quality?

Old 04-20-2012, 11:36 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Nicely done M3drei !

- are those champion wheels ? regardless, they look great !

- the front looks a little too busy with the gt3 vent, led, front lip and the decal.. perhaps remove the decal from the front bumper and leave the decals on the side ?

Old 04-20-2012, 11:55 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great!! Love the red lights

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 04-20-2012, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by 4dr-360
Great, thanks M3drei!!!

One last Q, where did you pick up the Aero wing? I have been looking at diff materials and concerned about fitment & quality?
The GT3 wing came with the car, I am not sure what brand but the quality is excellent!

Old 04-20-2012, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
Nicely done M3drei !

- are those champion wheels ? regardless, they look great !

- the front looks a little too busy with the gt3 vent, led, front lip and the decal.. perhaps remove the decal from the front bumper and leave the decals on the side ?
The wheels are Kinesis F110, I am told they are made in the same factory as Champions in Japan, and they are even lighter than Champion RS171. They are 18lbs in the front, and 20lbs in the rear.

I do agree with you the front is a little too busy. I am playing with the idea of removing the LED's.

VS

What do you think?

Old 04-21-2012, 02:09 PM
Doc_Porsche will become famous soon enoughDoc_Porsche will become famous soon enough
great job.... i think it would look nice with a drop....... not a fan of the PORSCHE in the rear though.......

Old 04-21-2012, 05:05 PM
blazinginder is on a distinguished road
Looks great...those wheels and calipers add a huge enhancement to the looks

Old 04-21-2012, 07:12 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kkswow12
is that natural brown over meteor grey?
Looks like terra cotta to me

Old 04-21-2012, 08:15 PM
eagleeye is just really niceeagleeye is just really niceeagleeye is just really niceeagleeye is just really nice
You did a fantastic job. The car looks great!

Old 04-21-2012, 08:27 PM
evil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to behold
great job. I agree with the front LED, rear lettering delete and lowering the ride height...that would make it perfect in my eyes

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 997 Pictures, Before/After