997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I have been having an issue every time I use PASM......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 07:28 AM
JPSJR can only hope to improve
I have been having an issue every time I use PASM......

The check engine light turns on? Last fall I had a Fabspeed complete exhaust installed which I LOVE hearing, but since then I have received that annoying yellow check engine light! I searched the forum and found that this issue happened to owners of the older style cats, I believe I have the HJS cats which I believe would not set the CEL off. Would do you guys think? I know that the PASM stiffens the suspension and lowers the car, but does it knock off the sensors? It also feels that I lose power for a sec, anyone?

Joe

Old 06-04-2012, 08:02 AM
spiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud of
FYI i dont think turning on/off PASM lowers the car. the fact that you have PASM means you are already 10(?)mm lower than non-PASM cars. i used to think same, but i've seen a LOT of posts on this and is what i gathered.

anyway...

in re: your issue...that's an odd one. do you know anyone with a durametric? or can you kiss up to the local stealership to have them read the code for you? i think pep boys or walmart might do it for free too. it literally could be anything. at my last DE, a guy in an '02 turbo had a ABS/PSM error which rendered the car almost undrivable (ABS was coming while accelerating down the main straight!). i read the code with my dura...the culprit was the MAF. why on EARTH would a bad MAF sensor lead to ABS/PASM issues???

so again, it could be any number of odd little "unrelated" gremlins which, for some stupid reason, happen to rely on one another. best bet is to read the codes (unless someone else can chime in who has the same set up/encountered the same issue).

Old 06-04-2012, 09:10 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JPSJR
The check engine light turns on? Last fall I had a Fabspeed complete exhaust installed which I LOVE hearing, but since then I have received that annoying yellow check engine light! I searched the forum and found that this issue happened to owners of the older style cats, I believe I have the HJS cats which I believe would not set the CEL off. Would do you guys think? I know that the PASM stiffens the suspension and lowers the car, but does it knock off the sensors? It also feels that I lose power for a sec, anyone?

Joe
With PASM the car is lower than non-PASM cars by 10 or 20mm (can't remember which), engaging PASM doesn't in and of itself lower the car. Is the CEL coming on when you press the Sport button? If so maybe the problem is with the revised throttle mapping...but that's only a guess. You really need to find out what codes are being generated.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:04 AM
DMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the rough
A few misconceptions here. PASM is the adaptive suspension - if your car has it, it is ALWAYS active. There's no such thing as turning PASM "on" or "off." It's always on. A car with PASM suspension is 10mm lower than non-PASM. Sport PASM (aka SPASM) is an additional 10 mm lower than PASM. Activating the "sport" button on PASM or SPASM effectively stiffens the shocks but does not lower the car. Only the cars with air suspension (some Cayennes and Panameras) actually change the car's height.

It sounds like OP is referring to a problem when he activates the sport setting. The sport setting (at least in my car, with PDK, SPASM and Sport Chrono) affects BOTH the suspension settings AND throttle and transmission response. Is it possible that the "check engine" light has nothing whatever to do with the suspension, but rather is a result of the "sport" setting also affecting the throttle?

To add to the complications, OP has aftermarket exhaust. Did car originally have PSE?

Something isn't right, that's for sure.

DMoore
'11 GTS
'10 Panamera 4S

Old 06-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the info guys, the car is going in tomorrow so I will keep you all updated. Thanks for the schooling, that's why I love this forum, you learn something new everyday.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by JPSJR
Thanks for the info guys, the car is going in tomorrow so I will keep you all updated. Thanks for the schooling, that's why I love this forum, you learn something new everyday.
Well got the car back today and according to the dealership the following codes needed to be removed:

P0301
P0302
P0303
P0305
P0306

They cleared the codes and said the car was back to 100%!

Any input?

Old 06-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Well I finally got down the issues I am having, the misfires could be bad gas or I do put a small amount of fuel stabilizer in the winter that may trigger those codes. Now I just need to find out from Fabspeed if I have bad cats?