997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New to me 2005 997S "Launch Edition" 18K CPO-Flew to O.C Picked Up! *PICS*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 03:40 PM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Wanderingwheelz
I'm always puzzled why a "launch car" is a feature buyers want. To me it is a detraction since many have substantial test drive (I.e. cold revs) miles on them. I've seen some with over 300 on the clock. I just don't get it. It certainly adds no value.
Mine has 18,000 miles and a cpo that enough is great value. Also the launch cars were supposed to sit inside the show room with no test drives...if that really got followed by the dealer or not doesn't matter..the options it came with are impossible to find...only missing option is sports exhaust, but I'll take ceramic brakes over that any day since exhaust can be easily added

Ps: being an early production also means ims can be easily changed to LN if u worry about ims u just change it when doing the clutch, the later production ones with the updated porsche bearing can't be changed without dissecting the engine..

Old 10-23-2012, 01:20 AM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
Already Ordered:

CLEAR SIDE MARKERS
LED TAIL LIGHTS
LED DRL
PORSCHE ALUMINUM PEDALS
COLORED CREST CAPS
LED LICENSE PLATE LIGHT

***$1,000 in the hole already****

TO ORDER:

SHORT SHIFTER
DAMPTRONICS COIL OVERS
EVOMS INTAKE (OR MAYBE K&N)
AERO KIT FRONT BUMPER
GT3 TEK SIDE SKIRTS
TECHART USED SPOILER (FOUND ONE FOR GOOD DEAL)
CARGRAPHICS USED EXHUAST (ALSO FOUND GOOD DEAL)

I will be living in my car soon if i continue going this way...i can't stop...and i just want it to look the way my 996 did as soon as possible

Last edited by Tarek307; 10-23-2012 at 01:23 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:17 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
That happened to me too.... It took me 4 years to get my 996 how I wanted and decided to sell it when I was done with the mods... with the 997, I was done with the cosmetic mods in 3 months!

Old 10-23-2012, 02:21 AM
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
That happened to me too.... It took me 4 years to get my 996 how I wanted and decided to sell it when I was done with the mods... with the 997, I was done with the cosmetic mods in 3 months!

tell me about it, i sold my 996 the day my new prior design rear bumper was getting fitted at the body shop (and its still sitting there, $1500 just collecting dust) lol....

the coilovers + Aero front bumper are whats gonna really set me back big $$ then i know i'm gonna want an aero wing too...then it wont look balanced in the back so next it will be a rear bumper..geez.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:54 AM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tarek307
i was also eating a sandwich, typing an email and pleasuring myself at the same time!
Congrats on getting what you wanted. Two "happy endings" in one day. Niiiiiice!

Old 10-23-2012, 07:44 AM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Tarek307
Already Ordered:

CLEAR SIDE MARKERS
LED TAIL LIGHTS
LED DRL
PORSCHE ALUMINUM PEDALS
COLORED CREST CAPS
LED LICENSE PLATE LIGHT

***$1,000 in the hole already****

TO ORDER:

SHORT SHIFTER
DAMPTRONICS COIL OVERS
EVOMS INTAKE (OR MAYBE K&N)
AERO KIT FRONT BUMPER
GT3 TEK SIDE SKIRTS
TECHART USED SPOILER (FOUND ONE FOR GOOD DEAL)
CARGRAPHICS USED EXHUAST (ALSO FOUND GOOD DEAL)

I will be living in my car soon if i continue going this way...i can't stop...and i just want it to look the way my 996 did as soon as possible

Add some nice curtains in the car so when you're asleep you won't be bothered by outside distractions.

As for as 'mods' go . . . . . 'All things in moderation' is a good rule to follow.

With that said enjoy your 997S and the decrease of your pocket book. You're already removing some of the spring weight by removing your wallet contents.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:54 PM
JTaylorGT has a spectacular aura aboutJTaylorGT has a spectacular aura about
I'm also a Launch Edition owner and have loved nearly 4 years of great motoring in my car - I now have 49k miles. Only failure has been a bad alternator cable.

I think the total number of LE cars was 337 if I remember correctly (which means the other guy on this thread has the last one assuming the VIN uses a sequential number!!!). Mine is in the low 100's.

I agree mods in moderation!!! But it sounds like you're a mod-guy! I haven't done anything to mine other than OEM 19" Turbo wheels and Fabspeed exhaust with OEM tips. I like the OEM look and want to be able to return it to stock when I sell/if I hold onto it long enough to start appreciating. How cool would it be 30 years from now to say you own one of the very first 997's ever made!?!?

Old 10-23-2012, 05:54 PM
Ordered today-

-Cup front aero bumper
-side skirts gt3-tek
-nr auto 997.2 GT3 wing
-coil overs damptronics
-Evoms cold air intake
-spacers

Ouchhhhhhhhhhhh $$$$$$ gone..spending like a maniac

Old 10-23-2012, 06:15 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
do you have a picture of the cup front bumper?
congrats on the purchases!

Old 10-23-2012, 06:32 PM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JTaylorGT
I'm also a Launch Edition owner and have loved nearly 4 years of great motoring in my car - I now have 49k miles. Only failure has been a bad alternator cable.

I think the total number of LE cars was 337 if I remember correctly (which means the other guy on this thread has the last one assuming the VIN uses a sequential number!!!). Mine is in the low 100's.

I agree mods in moderation!!! But it sounds like you're a mod-guy! I haven't done anything to mine other than OEM 19" Turbo wheels and Fabspeed exhaust with OEM tips. I like the OEM look and want to be able to return it to stock when I sell/if I hold onto it long enough to start appreciating. How cool would it be 30 years from now to say you own one of the very first 997's ever made!?!?
I've got the #337 but I didn't know it was the last one built. I've done a bunch of subtle mods (see my signature) but for the most part keep it fairly OEM looking. I'm approaching 27K miles and terms of issues I recently changed the alternator cable. I have done serpentine belt, plug & coils but just because I passed the 5 year point. I do oil and filters once a year.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:10 PM
do you have a picture of the cup front bumper?
congrats on the purchases!
Joe, its this same bumper here but its Polyurethane NOT Duraflex, as for the Wing its the NR AUTO Gt3 997.2 the one with the 3.8 on the side

Attached Images   
Old 10-24-2012, 02:24 AM
awesome.... love the rear wing... is it just the spoiler part that you replace or the whole deck?

Old 10-24-2012, 02:28 AM
awesome.... love the rear wing... is it just the spoiler part that you replace or the whole deck?

it bolts onto the deck, no removal, you just remove your old spoiler

here is the link to the one i bought

http://www.nrauto.com/productsdetail...i=Nw==&mn=OTk3

Old 10-24-2012, 06:16 AM
I've been eyeing that wing for a while... please document the whole process as I will check to that post once I get it!

Old 10-24-2012, 03:25 PM
I've been eyeing that wing for a while... please document the whole process as I will check to that post once I get it!
Oh yes .. Full review once I get it, I know you've been checking out that wing, that's what got me interested in it in the first place

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New to me 2005 997S "Launch Edition" 18K CPO-Flew to O.C Picked Up! *PICS*