997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Cargraphic Airlift system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 10:15 PM
forsa355 is infamous around these parts
Cargraphic Airlift system

I just bought a 997.1 that's fitted with this this system http://www.cargraphic-ts.com/index.php?/s,6,7,18,4796/

It's not functioning properly... lifts barely a millimetre or two. I'm thinking the compressor is not pumping enough or that there may be a leak somewhere. I emailed Cargraphic to see if they could send me the installation instructions so I'd have a reference document to troubleshoot from, but didn't get a response.

Does anybody have this system installed and/or have the installation instructions?

cheers!

Old 12-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
No instructions but the systems looks pretty simple... Rubber bladers attached to an air compressor and a power hookup. You've got 3 potential issues assuming you've got power to the compressor..
1. Compressor is not functional
2. Airlines are leaking
3. bladers are leaking
Given the location of the bladers on top of the front struts between the strut itself and car body, checking the bladers should be easy with the front jacked up and wheels removed. Most likely location for the compressor is in the frunk where there is close proximity to the struts and a power connection.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:11 PM
thanks for the ideas. Cargraphic did finally get back to me and were kind enough to email me the installation instructions.

As soon as I get a chance I'll check out all the electrical connections as well as look for air leaks. Hopefully I'll get this thing lifting the front end soon, as it's a nice feature to have

Old 12-15-2012, 12:37 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
They use the OEM air compressor for flat tires, so it is considered a weak point of the system.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by forsa355
thanks for the ideas. Cargraphic did finally get back to me and were kind enough to email me the installation instructions.
I didn't respond earlier as all my experiences with Cargraphic have been extremely positive. I assumed they would get to you soon and help you out. Always allow for time differences and Germans have lots of holidays like we do and they don't live to work!!

Hope you get it all sorted out.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:29 PM
once they did reply, Cargraphic was very responsive. Seems like a good company. I have their exhaust on my car as well and it sounds sooooo good

I'm not sure if my car is using the OEM air compressor since it's kind of naked (i.e been removed from any plastic housing) so difficult to ID. But it's very loud and I suspect not pumping very well... may need to upgrade it once I have everything sorted.