997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Depart from Targa 4S?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 05:49 PM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mark12345
Thanks for the feedback. There isn't a low mileage (8K miles) that I can find that is comparable. Most I've found on autotrader and cars.com have 15-30k miles and range from $57-68K

I think my car is way better condition, lower miles, and optioned than these ones...

Car 1

Car 2

Car 3

Car 4

Car 5

Car 6
4 are 6 speed manuals, 2 are auto. Will make a difference in asking prices.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:45 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Is there a typical percentage of ask that the cars should trade for?

Old 01-01-2013, 06:19 AM
Banned
Rotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the feedback. There isn't a low mileage (8K miles) that I can find that is comparable. Most I've found on autotrader and cars.com have 15-30k miles and range from $57-68K

I think my car is way better condition, lower miles, and optioned than these ones...

Car 1

Car 2

Car 3

Car 4

Car 5

Car 6
wow, those prices are nuts!!! I got a good deal on mine.....

Old 01-01-2013, 09:24 AM
mark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Rotes
Yours is an '07 right? Is it a 4 or 4S?
How many miles and what options when you purchased if you don't mind me asking

Old 01-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Banned
Rotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to beholdRotes is a splendid one to behold
Yours is an '07 right? Is it a 4 or 4S?
How many miles and what options when you purchased if you don't mind me asking
yes, an 07 4S......I had the understanding they only came in the 4S? maybe not...
it had 30K when I brought it home....
black leather, black matts, heated seats, powerseat pack, self dim mirrors, bose sound, 19" wheels, sport chrono pack and NAV for pcm....

Old 01-01-2013, 11:17 AM
mark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud of
yes, an 07 4S......I had the understanding they only came in the 4S? maybe not...
it had 30K when I brought it home....
black leather, black matts, heated seats, powerseat pack, self dim mirrors, bose sound, 19" wheels, sport chrono pack and NAV for pcm....
It's comes in 4 and 4S. My '08 has the same options plus full two tone leather, turbo wheels, and a couple of other minor options incl Bluetooth and k-40

Old 01-02-2013, 05:40 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
I expect most of those will sell for quite a lot less than they are asking, especially those with automatics and non-S models. The only change they made in the 08 Targa was the sun shade is better on the 08's (lets less sun through).

Old 01-02-2013, 06:16 AM
Banned
It's comes in 4 and 4S. My '08 has the same options plus full two tone leather, turbo wheels, and a couple of other minor options incl Bluetooth and k-40
yeah, lol, I have those same wheels on the floor of my sunroom! collecting dust of course........
I might use them again in the future when I get sick of looking at my HRE's

Old 01-02-2013, 06:40 PM
TTG
TTG is on a distinguished road
I have been in the market for T4S (or TT) and there was a really nice one located at Newport Beach.

-2011 T4S, 6K miles PDK, One owner, CPO, Sport Seats, Turbo Wheels, Sports Chorono, Sport Exhaust, Heated & Cooled Seats, Nav, Plus some excusive options & etc Nordic Red / Black Int (looked amazing).

They were asking 79K for it and the car sold with in one week. One of the best Targa's I've recently seen around.

Not sure what you can get for your car but I would hang on to it for now.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:46 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TTG
I have been in the market for T4S (or TT) and there was a really nice one located at Newport Beach.

-2011 T4S, 6K miles PDK, One owner, CPO, Sport Seats, Turbo Wheels, Sports Chorono, Sport Exhaust, Heated & Cooled Seats, Nav, Plus some excusive options & etc Nordic Red / Black Int (looked amazing).

They were asking 79K for it and the car sold with in one week. One of the best Targa's I've recently seen around.

Not sure what you can get for your car but I would hang on to it for now.
I expect that car sold new for north of $125k, so that shows the huge depreciation hit many Targas suffer from in the first year or two, which is great if you're a buyer, but not great when you're a seller. I presume the on in Newport Beach wasn't at the dealership there, as I expect the price would have been much higher there.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:57 PM
TTG
TTG is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by keninirvine
I expect that car sold new for north of $125k, so that shows the huge depreciation hit many Targas suffer from in the first year or two, which is great if you're a buyer, but not great when you're a seller. I presume the on in Newport Beach wasn't at the dealership there, as I expect the price would have been much higher there.
My Point Exactly. It was at the New Port Auto Center. Unless you are very picky, buying these things new isn't the smartest decision you will ever make.

BTW, it might have been a 2010.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by TTG
My Point Exactly. It was at the New Port Auto Center. Unless you are very picky, buying these things new isn't the smartest decision you will ever make.

Wow, that was a nice sounding car for a bargain price IMO. Targas seem better suited to the PNW and east coast I think. In the wonderful So Cal climate, I preferred a cab.
I have bought all of my cars used so I wouldn't have to take the big depreciation hit. But if someone is particular and expects to keep the car quite a while, it might make sense to buy new.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by TTG

Wow, that was a nice sounding car for a bargain price IMO. Targas seem better suited to the PNW and east coast I think. In the wonderful So Cal climate, I preferred a cab.
I have bought all of my cars used so I wouldn't have to take the big depreciation hit. But if someone is particular and expects to keep the car quite a while, it might make sense to buy new.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:45 PM
cab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud of
I expect most of those will sell for quite a lot less than they are asking, especially those with automatics and non-S models. The only change they made in the 08 Targa was the sun shade is better on the 08's (lets less sun through).
Agree. Especially now that the 991 is out.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:13 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
The Targas are great in scenic Colorado!

I'm so thankful for leases, because for those who enjoy new cars, it makes it easy to get in and more importantly get out of them (if they choose) at the end of the term. For others that prefer a older model where depreciation puts the car within comfortable reach, it provides a good supply of inventory. It really is a great product that benefits new car buyers, used car buyers and the industry.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Depart from Targa 4S?