997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Clutch Issue- all of a sudden feels much lighter, especially on the release

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 09:40 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
What are they charging you for a new pressure plate?

Old 07-02-2013, 01:10 AM
kkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nice
Originally Posted by gordon9898
just found out it is the pressure plate, so I will be getting a new clutch, I'll post when I get the car back
how many miles?

Old 10-04-2013, 07:43 PM
sirschwag will become famous soon enough
Just experienced the "soft" clutch this morning. '08 with only 25K miles (bought at 16K), only symptoms have been some difficulty getting in 1st and sometimes 2nd randomly. Any thoughts or things I could check?

Old 10-05-2013, 10:06 PM
fastm3 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sirschwag
Just experienced the "soft" clutch this morning. '08 with only 25K miles (bought at 16K), only symptoms have been some difficulty getting in 1st and sometimes 2nd randomly. Any thoughts or things I could check?
I've also been having the difficulty getting into 1st and sometimes 2nd, for a little while now. I thought it might be the gear oil, so I had that changed, bled the clutch fluid, adjusted the clutch cable, all to no avail. No "soft clutch" symptoms though.

I also wonder if the clutch is going....

Old 10-06-2013, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by fastm3
I've also been having the difficulty getting into 1st and sometimes 2nd, for a little while now. I thought it might be the gear oil, so I had that changed, bled the clutch fluid, adjusted the clutch cable, all to no avail. No "soft clutch" symptoms though.

I also wonder if the clutch is going....
Going to call the dealer tomorrow to see what they say, but thinking I'll need a new clutch kit. How many miles do you have?

Old 10-06-2013, 11:04 PM
fastm3 is on a distinguished road
Only 37,000 but I'm sure it depends on how the car gets driven. Highway miles are obviously much easier on the clutch than stop and go city driving.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:02 PM
Turns out my clutch was just worn, down to the rivets on the pressure plate side! Clutch feels much better now, but still some difficulty getting into 1st sometimes....

Old 10-20-2013, 09:51 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sirschwag
Turns out my clutch was just worn, down to the rivets on the pressure plate side! Clutch feels much better now, but still some difficulty getting into 1st sometimes....
"They all do this" No, really well documented. If shifter balks going into first occasionally try letting up clutch in neutral, reclutching, engaging second and then back up for first. Takes less time to do it than to say it. When warm it should happen far less often. I guess it's a function of the syncromesh arrangement but it seems you can't escape it.