997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 Porsche Sport Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 11:05 AM
Mbuenros is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Scoper
You will get a flood of recs for Gundo Hack, with good reason. It costs 10x less than PSE. It's awesome. I have zero regrets, and I have no worries about driving off in the early AM hours (re: the neighbors). Keep the RPMs below 3K and no one can hear you. HTH!
I know! My point is, would it void the factory warranty? I haven't seen a documented answer for yes or no.

Old 03-01-2014, 11:49 AM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
I highly doubt Gundo hack would affect the warranty. Like someone else mentioned, the mod would have to be the root cause of a problem before it would have any import. If one looks into exactly what the hack does, it's just a small bypass between the ingress egress pipes - just like PSE without the valve. If Porsche is fine with PSE I can't see why they wouldn't be fine with Gundo Hack. Some more cautious members have bought used cans and had them Gundo'd, kept their original cans for backup in case they wanted to return their car to stock.

My rec - just do it and don't look back! All the sound of PSE, all accomplished in a couple hours for a great price.

Last edited by Scoper; 03-01-2014 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:32 PM
Anderson is on a distinguished road
Doing gundo hack is a good option for sound, PSE not worth the $$, Fabspeed has the new exhaust with same on/off switch but offers performance gain.

Old 03-02-2014, 02:29 PM
Carnut12 is on a distinguished road
I agree PSE after the fact is a waste, but I vote for buying a used system. I bought a Cargraphic system used for just a little more than a gundo. I dropped about 20-30 pounds, saved my stock mufflers in case I sell/trade, and it sounds outstanding. I also bought a used sharkwerks.

Good luck, the stock sound Sucks.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:16 AM
Gundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud ofGundo has much to be proud of
PSE is pretty heavy and expensive - thus the popularity of the hack

Old 03-03-2014, 08:01 AM
hot nikon is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Gundo
PSE is pretty heavy and expensive - thus the popularity of the hack

If you just have to spend some money, forget the PSE, buy a set of Tubi cans.

No switch to break/fail, sounds great, lighter, <3k r.p.m.s it's very quiet.

Don't let the Porsche trademark, or lack of it, dictate your spending. The PSE isn't the best option, and just because it says Porsche doesn't mean that it is the best product.

How many cup cars are running the PSE? It's a dog.