997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Beverley Hills Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Michaelwww is a jewel in the roughMichaelwww is a jewel in the roughMichaelwww is a jewel in the rough
I have been banned from Rennlist. Can someone tell me what happened?
Thanks.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:08 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
That's interesting... I bought my brand new TTS from them without any issue, they even brought it down for me the next day via a flatbed and I signed the paperwork at my home.

Last edited by JmanE55; 07-10-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:58 PM
3POINT8 is on a distinguished road
Had trouble with them too...

Old 07-11-2013, 12:23 AM
ArainLA has a spectacular aura aboutArainLA has a spectacular aura aboutArainLA has a spectacular aura about
They were not helpful when I was looking for a used 997.
When I asked about DME reports they said those are not reliable and would cost me money.
Some great advice.

I avoided them.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:48 AM
jabed92694 will become famous soon enough
Any updates on this?

Old 07-13-2013, 06:48 PM
ArainLA has a spectacular aura aboutArainLA has a spectacular aura aboutArainLA has a spectacular aura about
Well I was following Beverly Hills Porsche on Instagram. I linked to the message thread on one of their comments and now Im either banned to follow them or they stopped posting on Instagram.

I did the same on Twitter.

I never liked this dealer for the way they treated me when I asked about DME for one of their used cars. Now I dont feel like they singled me out.

Old 07-13-2013, 06:51 PM
Looks like they blocked me as a user, I checked with another account and they are still posting.
I guess they don't like the truth.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:00 PM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not surprised to hear all the negative experiences with Beverly Hills Porsche.

A couple of years ago, their internet sales manager offered me "any of our in stock 911's at the guaranteed low price of $___k over dealer cost" in an email. When I responded with an in stock car that I wanted, the response was essentially oh, that 911 is not included in this offer. It's actually going to be [higher price].

Needless to say, I took my business to another Southern CA dealership. And they happily accepted the deal that I was supposedly being offered.

I can't think of a more patently obvious "bait and switch," proven and documented in an email exchange.

If you're looking for a good deal on a Porsche, you're probably a nuisance to them. I'm sure there are plenty of people in 90210 who are happy to pay them sticker.

There are NINE other Porsche dealers in southern CA. Why on earth would you give this place your business!?

Old 07-14-2013, 08:34 AM
Romysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud of
I can't believe they charge you for DME. I bought my car from Auto Gallery in Woodland Hills. When I asked for DME, they pulled my car into the service bay, hooked it up to the PIWIS and ran the DME in front of me for FREE.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:22 AM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Michaelwww
I have been banned from Rennlist. Can someone tell me what happened?
Thanks.
Well, apparently somebody in authority at Rennlist arranged to completely restrict your access to the site. But that's not really what this thread is about.

I kid.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:08 PM
Vancouver-BC is a jewel in the roughVancouver-BC is a jewel in the roughVancouver-BC is a jewel in the rough
Here's the Coles note version from the OP on Rennlist along with his new tag line describing the extensive deficiencies in the car that was sold as perfect. Pretty scary stuff.

"Yes I was very trusting; I remember the phone call with Glen Fagin when we discussed condition - me describing every single mark on the Ferrari (including a pin sized indentation where the fuel filler cap sometimes touches the bodywork when it springs open) and him saying the Porsche was perfect. I remember him gradually adding in details as the car was in transit - the back seats are missing, the GTS badge on the rear is broken, we don't have the second key...) I remember when the car arrived absolutely filthy, smelly and with an empty gas tank. I remember numerous calls to the dealership with the "we want to make you a happy customer" statements and no actions. I remember the first meeting with my restorer and a bright light, revealing just how wrecked the car is, and I remember the dealership refusing to take calls or accept letters of complaint.

And yes, I imagine they are laughing their way to the bank - they probably penalized the lease return customer for the condition of the car, they made $10k in 2 days on my Ferrari and they sold the GTS for full CPO retail. Win, win, win.

And I'm pretty confident I'll get every penny back, as I'm pretty annoyed right now __________________
2011 Porsche GTS Cabriolet
Misrepresented as perfect by Beverly Hills Porsche
Certified Pre-owned too (for what that's worth)
Minimal paint (cannot be polished again)
Curbed wheel
Damaged roof
Chipped doors
Resprayed rear bumper
Get a PPI !!!!"

Attached Images  
Old 07-14-2013, 12:40 PM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
I have no experience with Beverly Hills Porsche, but I do know from a former employee that they work directly with some very high profile clients and cater to them with courtesies they do not extend to the hoi polloi. Why? Because celebrities and such will bring in more celebrities and such, whilst the "common unknowns" probably will not bring in more business. This is especially true when selling used - excuse me, "pre-owned" and off lease vehicles from a distance. They make their "Beverly Hills" reputation by schmoozing up to those who shop on Rodeo Drive not at the Sherman Oaks mall. Is it right or fair? Probably not. Is it the way it is? Yes.

IMHO, a reputable and ethical sale professional would have sent you a car that had been as represented or would have called you and let you know it had cosmetic issues and that it would not be clean or filled with a decent amount of gas when it was delivered regardless of who you are or where you shop.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:46 PM
socalbd has a spectacular aura aboutsocalbd has a spectacular aura about
We bought a used C2S from BHP 2 years ago. Their CPO inspection was shoddy at best, most probably unethical, and they were not helpful post-sale. Had to work through Porsche Corporate and another dealer to clear things up. I would not buy from them again.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:44 PM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
I would encourage people to share their experience on Yelp:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/beverly-hill...-beverly-hills

Old 07-19-2013, 10:27 AM
SoCal997 is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by socalbd
We bought a used C2S from BHP 2 years ago. Their CPO inspection was shoddy at best, most probably unethical, and they were not helpful post-sale. Had to work through Porsche Corporate and another dealer to clear things up. I would not buy from them again.

I had the opportunity to buy a car from an independent dealer which did not pass BHP's CPO process. The issue with the car (2007 Carrera S) was a replaced front bumper and some additional paint work on a front fender. I was told that BHP only sells 'perfect' cars that can be certified and push the 'less perfect but still great' ones to the independent dealers. I believed it at the time but maybe not after these reviews.

I've test driven a number of BHP's CPO cars and have had no experience with the actual buying process. The OPs rennlist post scares me and is the reason I try to get a PPI on things I buy second hand (incl. watches). Anyhow, BHP is one of the highest grossing (if not highest) dealerships and is one of those rare businesses that could survive bad yelp reviews. I'm sure there are other ways to get under BHP's skin (ie dealing with corporate) but I'm not the one to ask.

For what it's worth I've had GREAT experiences with their service advisors when my car was under warranty.

Last edited by SoCal997; 07-19-2013 at 03:17 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Beverley Hills Porsche