997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

First Porsche - 2006 911 4S - must do items?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 07:43 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
On my second 997 4S now. Standard mods on both cars for me:

1. Exhaust
2. Wheels
3. 1.25" drop with springs or coilovers
4. Spacers
5. Clear side markers
6. Steering wheel.
7. Short shift kit if manual.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:17 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pinnno
All -

I've been reading these forums for the last few months trying to learn all I can about these awesome cars. After looking at a number of cars, I pulled the trigger last week on a 2006 911 4S Cab with a 6 speed and 32k miles, all from just one previous owner.

This car is fantastic, and I'm thrilled with the purchase. There are a few issues though, and I figured I would ask here.

The car has a few minor defects -
1) The nav / radio system is broken. I checked the fuse and that's not the culprit. The seller took off another $2k due to this. I don't want to replace the nav with anything that'll require fabricating additional pieces / parts, but I'm hoping I can get this replacement done for less than $2k. Are there any packages out there that come with everything? Or, is it (relatively) safe to buy a unit on eBay and then have a dealer install?
2) There was a minor tear on one of the back seats. I've looked around a bit and think I'll order a repair kit from here: http://www.leatherrepairkits.com/porsche.htm. Does anyone have any experience with that? Does it work as advertised?
3) There are some minor scratches on the paint. I had the car detailed and some of them came out, but there are a few remaining. The only one that's visible from more than 5 feet away is a small rock chip. How easy is paint repair? I've read a bunch here about people buying Guards Red paint and model shops and it's a good match. I'm okay with spending a few dollars more if it's worth getting the correct paint from Porsche.
4) The car did not come with the wind deflector. I'm a little upset about that one since the seller didn't mention that prior to me driving 200 miles to get the car. But the price was good and I didn't want something small to get in the way of the deal. But now I'd like to buy one. I've looked on eBay and it appears that the 996 wind deflectors go for less than the 997 ones, even though the auctions state that the wind deflector will fit both 996s and 997s. Is that true, or should I buy one that came from a 997?

What are some other things that I should do right away? I'm not interested in replacing the steering wheel or anything like that, and I love the car as is, but if there are any simple things I should do to increase enjoyment, I'm all ears.

Thank you much.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...2-1-997-a.html

Found you a radio