997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Moved up from my 997C2S to a TT!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 10:00 AM
Gotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to behold
Congrats on your 997TT, I too been lurking to upgrade to 997TT but I am totally satisfy with my 08 C2S Cab. However, if I see one with reasonable price and option, I might take a plunge too

Old 11-30-2013, 06:21 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by saabin
So I finally took the plunge and upgraded to a lightly optioned TT from my 07 997C2S. I had test-driven a few TTs over the past several months so I has been fairly casual in my search. Got a good deal on my trade from Park Place in Big D and couldn't turn down a price in the upper sixty's. I plan to use this as a weekend/fun car and I haven't ruled out track days.

Here are the particulars on the my new ride:

2007 997TT, 32K miles.
Basalt Black Metallic / Black
2 year CPO warranty

342 ADJUSTABLE SEAT HEATING, LEFT/RIGHT
640 SPORT CHRONO PACKAGE PLUS
P01 Adaptive Sports Seats

I've had it about a month and so far I've gotten the windows tinted, put on clear side markers, upgraded to LED interior lighting, and installed my hardwired 9500ix. I had previously modded my C2S but I'm not sure I will do much else to this car.. maybe paint the turbo badge black..

So far my impressions are:

1) Clutch feels much better in this car - not sure why my old C2S was so heavy but this car feels great!
2) The engine itself sounds very different than the C2S did, both at idle and in the higher revs. I expected that but I have several turbo Saabs and am familiar with a turbo "whoosh" but this car really doesn't have any of that. It almost has a low gravely rumble to it, hard to describe.
3) Of course the power is addicting!
4) The seats are great! I love how they feel and the extra adjustments are awesome..
5) My only minor gripe is the exhaust sound - I know with turbos thats just the nature of the beast, but I had a Tubi on my C2S and loved it's sound.

Cheers!

Would you mind PMing me the details on your trade? I'm local and am thinking of upgrading soon.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:57 PM
neos281 has a spectacular aura aboutneos281 has a spectacular aura about
Congrats

I'm a few weeks late but wanted to say Congrats on the awesome new purchase. Your C2S was a beautiful ride so I can only see this as the evolution that was meant to be. Hopefully I'll get to see it when I come back to Dallas for Cars & Coffee.

Be careful on Dallas North Tollway....I'm almost positive they have radars just for 911's. Take care!

-J

Old 12-12-2013, 07:02 PM
2fnquik is on a distinguished road
Congrats, awesome upgrade! Unfortunately the TX license plate "BOOST" is probably taken..

Old 12-12-2013, 09:02 PM
saabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by White Rock
Would you mind PMing me the details on your trade? I'm local and am thinking of upgrading soon.
Sorry, not sure how I missed this post - I'll PM it to you shortly..

Originally Posted by neos281
I'm a few weeks late but wanted to say Congrats on the awesome new purchase. Your C2S was a beautiful ride so I can only see this as the evolution that was meant to be. Hopefully I'll get to see it when I come back to Dallas for Cars & Coffee.

Be careful on Dallas North Tollway....I'm almost positive they have radars just for 911's. Take care!

-J
Ahh, just the reason I got my 9500ix. I had it hardwired in my C2S but did it in a way that I could easily take it out & transfer it to the TT.

Originally Posted by 2fnquik
Congrats, awesome upgrade! Unfortunately the TX license plate "BOOST" is probably taken..
Yep it's taken, along with lots of the variations as well.. I still have the plate that I had on my Cayman, "987C" although that won't work too well on a 911.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:10 AM
P997S will become famous soon enoughP997S will become famous soon enough
I have more than once found myself almost driving in just 3rd gear when I'm not paying attention since there is so much torque down low that you can just mash the pedal and fly and not downshift..

3rd gear is by far my favorite. can use it up to around 97 mph

Old 12-13-2013, 09:12 AM
P997S will become famous soon enoughP997S will become famous soon enough
any other details on pricing for trade in and the turbo ?
i still dream over owning a turbo one day. though I kinda miss a MT and that would rule out a 991 turbo
997 turbo and the 991 NA may be the last of the porsche manuals

Old 12-13-2013, 09:49 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Congratulations!! It certainly is a beaut

Old 12-13-2013, 12:30 PM
Mcjimmy33 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by P997S
any other details on pricing for trade in and the turbo ?
i still dream over owning a turbo one day. though I kinda miss a MT and that would rule out a 991 turbo
997 turbo and the 991 NA may be the last of the porsche manuals

Does the 991 Turbo not come in a manual?