997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Opening/Closing the windows from the car key

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 08:02 AM
martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Wheeler
Okay, unless there is some button combo, mine is not doing it...up or down. If the car is locked, I'm just holding the KEY button down (for many seconds) and nothing...other than the doors unlock.
If interested in the feature go to p dealership and ask them to code it in, maybe a charge depending on dealer

Old 02-24-2014, 08:02 AM
Wheeler will become famous soon enough
Durametric here I come....

Old 02-24-2014, 10:54 AM
PasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to all
can the normal durametric do this? or do I need the more expensive one?

Old 02-25-2014, 11:41 PM
JCD911S is just really niceJCD911S is just really niceJCD911S is just really niceJCD911S is just really nice
Originally Posted by PasPar2
can the normal durametric do this? or do I need the more expensive one?
You need the pro version, and yes, it's the more expensive one. The enthusiast version cannot be used to modify coding of electronic functions.

Old 02-25-2014, 11:56 PM
JCD911S is just really niceJCD911S is just really niceJCD911S is just really niceJCD911S is just really nice
Originally Posted by Wheeler
Okay, unless there is some button combo, mine is not doing it...up or down. If the car is locked, I'm just holding the KEY button down (for many seconds) and nothing...other than the doors unlock.
To enable, you need to change coding under alarm and set comfort function window to active as well as comfort function remote to active. Under left door & right door you must set the comfort closing and comfort opening to OFF - or inactive.

BTW, if you dislike the seatbelt chime for those quick drives where a seatbelt is an inconvenience to use, you can also disable it through coding

Old 02-26-2014, 12:46 AM
srbrigante is on a distinguished road
have dealership re code it, ive customized my previous bmws to do this and my current 4s goes up and down doing the same thing.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:36 AM
iandiman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by simoncpw
Can this be done to 997.1? Thx
Yes It can be done on all 997 gen 1 and gen 2 you just need to get activated at your dealer or friend with a piwis computer it good fun opening and closing the windows from your table outside the restaurant

Old 02-26-2014, 10:29 AM
PasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to all
Anyone in the NYC area have the pro version handy?

Old 02-28-2014, 02:43 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by JCD911S
To enable, you need to change coding under alarm and set comfort function window to active as well as comfort function remote to active. Under left door & right door you must set the comfort closing and comfort opening to OFF - or inactive.
That seems so counter-intuitive - setting the door comfort settings to OFF.
But I suppose no more so than having two control modules with settings for Window Comfort features.

Old 02-28-2014, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by Minok
That seems so counter-intuitive - setting the door comfort settings to OFF. But I suppose no more so than having two control modules with settings for Window Comfort features.
Exactly what I thought when following the instructions when I did mine. I went with intuition first and alas, it didn't work. I then did it the way the DIY post said to, and it worked perfectly. Might have something to do with 2 different modules that control the same system, and therefore conflict. Maybe there's some Microsoft used in the programming.

All I know is that this is how it works, and since mine works, I didn't bother to question it any further.

Old 03-07-2014, 06:41 PM
Wheeler will become famous soon enough
Took the S in for an oil change today, Rennsport KC, awesome indy shop here. Anyway, Karl got out the Durametric and figured it out, seemed to be yet a different combo than what worked for others...weird. Works perfect, love it!

Old 03-07-2014, 08:25 PM
Phil_D will become famous soon enoughPhil_D will become famous soon enough
FWIW For the comfort windows the following is what worked for me;

Alarm
Comfort Radio Remote : Active
Comfort Function Window : Active

Left Door
Comfort Closing : On
Comfort Opening: Off

Right Door
Comfort Closing : On
Comfort Opening: Off

The windows open when unlocking if you hold the remote button and close when locking if you hold the remote button down.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:46 PM
blakecam will become famous soon enoughblakecam will become famous soon enough
Maybe there's some Microsoft used in the programming.
An apple-a-day keeps the ... ah never mind.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:50 AM
cam99 will become famous soon enoughcam99 will become famous soon enough

BTW, if you dislike the seatbelt chime for those quick drives where a seatbelt is an inconvenience to use, you can also disable it through coding

Do the windows go down with the unlock of the doors or is there a delay of the window opening upon holding the unlock button longer?

Old 07-27-2014, 09:54 AM
cam99 will become famous soon enoughcam99 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by PasPar2
Anyone in the NYC area have the pro version handy?
I just got it, however any contribution to its amortization will be accepted.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Opening/Closing the windows from the car key