997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Coding via durametric or piwis to make side indicators blink when locking/unlocking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 12:41 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
Coding via durametric or piwis to make side indicators blink when locking/unlocking

It seems there are cars that the side indicator lamps blink when locking and unlocking and some that dont. Apparently then this is a coding thing. For those with durametric pros or piwis, can you help in the procedure to make the indicators blink. Or is it only possible when the indicators are set only as turn signals or park lights? Hope we can get advice from our technical brothers

Old 03-31-2014, 01:55 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
On my 997.1 the side markers could be programmed by the Dura Pro to act as turn signals (default setting was side markers)...however they can't be both - they were either turn signals or side markers . Never paid attention to how they react on arming/disarming. Never came across a programming option in Dura Pro for arm/disarm lighting - not that it's not there, just never noticed it.

Old 03-31-2014, 05:10 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
Hi jh, For the 997.2 they could both. Side markers are now working as running lights and signal lights. When car starts the side markers are already on, so they are running with the front drls. But, when the turn signals are activated, the side indicators blink with the front and rear signal lights. Its a very nice feature. But now the side indicators do not blink when locking and unlocking which, if i recall correctly did so before when they functioned just as signal lights, i am hoping they could still be made to function as locking and locking indicators.

Old 03-31-2014, 05:38 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Just had mine programmed to flash. Some say they can do both! However they do blink when arming and disarming. I noticed that.

Old 03-31-2014, 05:58 PM
Phil_D will become famous soon enoughPhil_D will become famous soon enough
Just played with the settings on my 997.1

Front Module

Option 1
Side Marker / Direction Indicator Light: Side Marker
Side markers do not flash when vehicle locked or unlocked

Option 2
Side Marker / Direction Indicator Light: Direction Indicator Light
Side markers do flash when vehicle locked or unlocked

With Durametric the side markers can only be set as side marker or direction indicators, not both, at least on 997.1. I looked through the other modules and cannot see anything else that would appear to effect the side markers function. Nor could I see anything to make the horn beep when the alarm is set or unset.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	353460  
Old 04-01-2014, 07:49 PM
Banned
semicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond repute
Nice work!

A SmartTop module can add the horn beep function along with windows opening/closing while pressing the remote. It's a pricey plugin module for these features on a coupe. Cabs at least have the additional feature of opening the roof from the remote.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:24 AM
Phil_D will become famous soon enoughPhil_D will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by semicycler
A SmartTop module can add the horn beep function along with windows opening/closing while pressing the remote.
Durametric can program the comfort window feature. I have it programmed and it is quite useful. I don't see a way to program the horn beep with Durametric though, but I personally prefer not to have that feature anyway.

$300 seems a bit pricey for the SmartTop module, but I see people spend way more that on other fluff pieces for their p-cars, so I guess it is not priced too far out there.