997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dectanes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 04:24 AM
Gotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to behold
HiLiFe (HawaiiLiFe)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	219.8 KB
ID:	402194  
Old 09-19-2014, 04:53 AM
Gotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to behold
Sunset by the beach

Views:	77
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	402200  
Old 09-19-2014, 04:58 AM
Another sunset pix

Views:	64
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	402201  
Old 09-19-2014, 07:58 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Nice! I thought I might see the "green flash" behind your car as the sun set, but it looks like it was a little too cloudy!

Old 09-19-2014, 04:47 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
JUST got mine in!!

To those that have installed this set already - Where does the impedance box that attaches to lights stick onto?

Old 09-19-2014, 05:52 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by socialpro
JUST got mine in!!

To those that have installed this set already - Where does the impedance box that attaches to lights stick onto?
The picture in post #126 shows the boxes already attached - were your's loose?

Old 09-19-2014, 06:02 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
The picture in post #126 shows the boxes already attached - were your's loose?
Yes - mine are not attached to the lights - but I guess now I know where they were supposed to go. Did anyone else not have their resistors already attached to the lights?

Old 09-19-2014, 06:11 PM
pderover is on a distinguished road
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-200775823.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	624.9 KB
ID:	402234

Got mine installed. I am getting cel for right brake light, even though it works. Any thoughts?

Old 09-19-2014, 06:47 PM
Rengoku is just really niceRengoku is just really niceRengoku is just really niceRengoku is just really nice
WOW! Looks amazing, mine are going on a black turbo as well, yours is the first ive seen of DEPO lights on a black turbo, stunning! Do you have a full back shot of the car?
Heres the full back shot

Yes - mine are not attached to the lights - but I guess now I know where they were supposed to go. Did anyone else not have their resistors already attached to the lights?
Mine were loose too, you just need to apply the adhesive tape provided and stick them in place according to the instructions.

Last edited by Rengoku; 09-19-2014 at 06:51 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by Rengoku
Heres the full back shot

Mine were loose too, you just need to apply the adhesive tape provided and stick them in place according to the instructions.
Did you attach the boxes to the light itself or to the car body?

Old 09-19-2014, 07:04 PM
Rengoku is just really niceRengoku is just really niceRengoku is just really niceRengoku is just really nice
Did you attach the boxes to the light itself or to the car body?
It came with two sets. So for each light, there was one box already attached to the light, and then another box that I used the adhesive provided to attach to the car body.

Old 09-19-2014, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Rengoku
It came with two sets. So for each light, there was one box already attached to the light, and then another box that I used the adhesive provided to attach to the car body.
Hmm...because the one in post 126 it looks like the box we are attaching to the body is screwed on to the taillight itself. Wondering if there were 2 different versions of this set sent out, one with the 2nd box already attached.

Old 09-19-2014, 07:17 PM
Hmm...because the one in post 126 it looks like the box we are attaching to the body is screwed on to the taillight itself. Wondering if there were 2 different versions of this set sent out, one with the 2nd box already attached.
Hmm, maybe. Yeah mine had instructions showing how to attach the box to the body, it didn't say anything about screwing it onto the taillight.

Old 09-20-2014, 06:52 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pderover
Attachment 402234

Got mine installed. I am getting cel for right brake light, even though it works. Any thoughts?
It's a warning light, not a CEL. Did you install the resistor boxes (or were they already installed)? Did you by chance activate the rear fog light - even though it's only on the driver's side, there have been reports of that triggering a warning light. Good luck.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:48 AM
Rob_G is on a distinguished road
That's mine on #126. The little boxes were already attached the tail lights. There were no pieces hanging or apart. It was all one piece.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Dectanes