997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Update 997.2 from EU4 to Eu5 emission?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 02:15 PM
Skistar is on a distinguished road
Update 997.2 from EU4 to Eu5 emission?

Hi,

I brought a car back from Middle east when we moved back to Europe and it turns out it is for some strange reason Eu4 while other 997 from 2009 is Eu5.
I guess its because the poor quality of petrol in Middle East.

I heard rumours from a contact at Porsche that to make this change its only software related but that Porsche officially doesn't support doing this change.

Anyone had this experience or know more about this would be greatly appreciated so I can keep my precious Porsche!

Old 01-04-2015, 06:05 PM
PSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Skistar
Oooh, the irony!

Old 01-06-2015, 12:42 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Skistar
Hi,

I brought a car back from Middle east when we moved back to Europe and it turns out it is for some strange reason Eu4 while other 997 from 2009 is Eu5.

I heard rumours from a contact at Porsche that to make this change its only software related but that Porsche officially doesn't support doing this change.

Anyone had this experience or know more about this would be greatly appreciated so I can keep my precious Porsche!

Would suggest you discuss need for ecu reflash with dealer. Don't recall seeing this issue on the forums before. Can't imagine it is a fatal problem. Good luck and post what you learn.