997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How does the interior intrusion alarm work?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 12:24 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
How does the interior intrusion alarm work?

read somewhere that our cars have interior intrusion as a feature of the alarm. Does this feature need activation.when I open the windows and activate alarm nothing happens if I put in my hand inside the cabin. Always thought it should trigger an activated alarm...any ideas?

Old 09-27-2015, 02:16 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by slicky rick
read somewhere that our cars have interior intrusion as a feature of the alarm. Does this feature need activation.when I open the windows and activate alarm nothing happens if I put in my hand inside the cabin. Always thought it should trigger an activated alarm...any ideas?
Passenger compartment monitoring is activated on arming unless you deactivated the passenger compartment monitoring (procedure is in the owner's manual). It takes more than putting your hand inside to set it off. Try arming the alarm while you are sitting inside and then move your arms and body about and see if it activates - it should.

Old 09-27-2015, 03:48 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks jh, back to the owners manual it seems for me to make sure I did Not turn it off. Then I will do the chicken dance inside the car to see if the intrusion feature works.

Old 09-28-2015, 03:07 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
The interior sensors will likely require movement in specific areas or changes in the physical car movement and weight in seats, you would not want a radar system that sets off when someone walks past on open window.

To disable interior monitoring there is a specific way of pressing the lock button when you lock the car - to lock and then disable the interior alarm (eg you leave a child or pet in the car (with windows cracked of course )) And its a 'per use' item - so you have to do that special press sequence every time you lock the car and want the interior sensing disabled - the idea is its a rare case you need to do that.

Old 09-29-2015, 02:14 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Someone had pointed out on another thread a 'double lock button in quick succession locks with disable of the interior motion alarm'

Old 09-30-2015, 04:46 PM
Don't really want to deactivate . Really want to know if it works or not or might have been coded as deactivated. I want this feature working

Old 10-23-2015, 06:53 PM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
So I accidentally proved the intrusion alarm works by dropping a bag of chips in the car while top was down, windows up, and doors locked. Just as the Family size Ruffles bag hit the seat the alarm started dancing, loudly at that. Clicked the key fob and the alarm cleared. Had forgotten this post until that moment.