997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

.1 GT3 Replica Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 04:24 PM
nwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics
Yes, the 12" will accept those sizes all day however I'm saying that the 12" is a little wide for a 295 given that the 295 is a straight fit on the 11", a 335 would be a better fit and the cost of tires would then be much more over.

335/30/18 either leave you shopping for track-stock or paying over $400 ea. for tire more suited for street applications.

Unless you don't mind a little poke (poke= more rims width over tire width)

What on Earth are you talking about?
The OP is looking for 19" replicas (i think 19" right?).
User krispe posted a link with 19" replicas.
You said 12" wouldn't be a practical solution.
I argued it is since it easily, safely and aesthetically fits readily available 305 and 315 19" sized tires.
And then you talk about 295 out of the blue and include a picture of a 215. Are you trying to purposefully misinform this guy or are you incompetent?

Last edited by nwGTS; 04-05-2016 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:35 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nwGTS
What on Earth are you talking about?
The OP is looking for 19" replicas (i think 19" right?).
User krispe posted a link with 19" replicas.
You said 12" wouldn't be a practical solution.
I argued it is since it easily, safely and aesthetically fits readily available 305 and 315 19" sized tires.
And then you talk about 295 out of the blue and include a picture of a 215. Are you trying to purposefully misinform this guy or are you incompetent?

Buddy relax there, (welcome to the forums by the way)

I'm expressing my opinion that if someone is considering using a 12" wide rim that they cannot simply expect to slap on a set of 295 or 305 tires without having poke. This applies for 18" or 19" so diameter is not relevant in this opinion.

I'm not trying to mislead anyone, I don't have an 11" I'm trying to offer you or anyone else, I simply don't want anyone to make a bad purchase by realizing later that a 12" wide wheel was too much rim on a road-car.

Hope I was a little bit more clear in this post, felt that most were able to read my message without underlining or highlighting it... however there you are sir,.... Are we good?

Old 04-05-2016, 08:38 PM
nwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond repute
Buddy relax there, (welcome to the forums by the way)

I'm expressing my opinion that if someone is considering using a 12" wide rim that they cannot simply expect to slap on a set of 295 or 305 tires without having poke. This applies for 18" or 19" so diameter is not relevant in this opinion.

I'm not trying to mislead anyone, I don't have an 11" I'm trying to offer you or anyone else, I simply don't want anyone to make a bad purchase by realizing later that a 12" wide wheel was too much rim on a road-car.

Hope I was a little bit more clear in this post, felt that most were able to read my message without underlining or highlighting it... however there you are sir,.... Are we good?

You don't need to be condescending. Welcome to the forums? I've been on this one over a year on RL and Renntech for years. A Porsche owner since 2003. You've been here for 12 years? You should know then that good will that took a decade to build can be lost overnight when you misinform people deliberately.

Only one of us has a biased agenda here trying to sell 10" wide 18" replicas and it isn't me.

I'm saying that the 12" is a little wide for a 295 given that the 295 is a straight fit on the 11", a 335 would be a better fit and the cost of tires would then be much more over.
I know that's what you are saying, but no one else was saying that.

These are both straw man arguments for why 12" is not a good choice.
1) You setup that a 295 wouldn't really work on a 12"... something no one posited here before you.
2) You setup that a 335 would cost too much... again something no one posited before you.
You posited and discredited your own argument. That's a straw man.

What you left out is that 305 and 315 are readily available and affordable street tire sizes that will fit a 12" wide rim just fine. 305 will be a flush fit. 315 will have lip coverage. Neither will have rim poke. Both are on Tirerack. OP could even get a 325 for less than $300 there.

I own three 19" wheel sets for my 997 with rears in 11", 11.5" and 12" widths and 295, 305 and 315 tires respectively. All have the same amount of poke or lack thereof.

You also say the 12" width isn't a 'practical solution'. It's about as practical as your 10" wide wheel and as 'direct fitment'.

You're a salesperson. We get it. You want to educate potential customers on options and alternatives for them. I like when vendors interact with forum users. It can be a great way to get direct answers to questions and explore ideas from a knowledgeable entity And I have no problem with you providing your opinion, but I'll jump in to help a user if I see a clear bias of disinformation or misinformation when that opinion is based on biased evidence or poor arguments. Your straw man arguments are literally (and I mean literally) a demonstration of a poor argument and I called you out. So you got defensive and were condescending.

So, back to OP. If you are considering the wheels to which krispe provided a link, I'd be happy to provide plenty pics of what a readily available 315 or 325 tire looks like on them (i have both).

Last edited by nwGTS; 04-05-2016 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:19 AM
krispe is on a distinguished road
What nwGTS said.....

I was a little confused by Wheel Dynamics 12" wide comment. The OP asked for GT3 replica wheels (on a 997 forum). The 997 GT3 has 12" wide rears so I posted a link of wheels available in that size. The GT3 uses 305 tyres on it's 12" rim which I assume the OP would also do, (or fit 315 if they preferred), so I'm unsure why the fitment issues from Wheel Dynamics

Old 04-06-2016, 06:53 PM
brabuse430 is on a distinguished road
don't worry guys... i know that a 12 inch and 305 will fit on narrow body 997's without issues. thanks for the backup and help!

Old 05-01-2016, 06:45 PM
mk3boy is just really nicemk3boy is just really nicemk3boy is just really nicemk3boy is just really nice
12" wide rear wheels with 305 on them. Let me know if you need more pics. Lowered on damptronic way down and never rubs

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo765.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	3.17 MB
ID:	447264   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo403.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	3.89 MB
ID:	447265  
Old 05-01-2016, 06:53 PM
dblcrwn will become famous soon enough
I have the same set up on my 2006 Carrera C2

Originally Posted by mk3boy
12" wide rear wheels with 305 on them. Let me know if you need more pics. Lowered on damptronic way down and never rubs