997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.1 CS Fitted Ohlins Coilovers R&T

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 03:45 PM
VictorFR is an unknown quantity at this point
997.1 CS Fitted Ohlins Coilovers R&T

Hey guys

First of all, sorry for my poor english...
Thanks to all the information I found on the forum, I just bought and installed on my 997.1 Carrera 2S the Ohlins Road and Track setup.
I'm not a pro-track'man, just some track days as an amateur.
I'm running 235 - 305 Michelin Pilot Sport CUP

After having Eibach Pro kit Springs, not satisfied of the heigh, then gone for the H&R spring kit, much better but not enough low for my mind, I finally jump onto the entire coilovers.

From France, buying a kit in USA were really expensive, and as a motorcycle addict, I know Ohlins is one of the most high-end shock manufacturer.
I bought a set, receiving them 4 days after the payment, without any issue.

I installed them myself, as I've done the 4 springs (2 times, Eibach + H&R), it's not that hard, jacking up the car and taking time. I could explain you some steps, but there already are some really nice guides here.
The hardest part is the final setting of the heigh and setting of the coilovers themselves, taking time by removing/mounting wheels...

I decide to set both the front and the rear to 7 click on a range of 15 (15 is the comforts, 0 is the track-way).
I still wait for my alignement to be done at the end of the month, I actually had some drives around the city to test them :
- It's destabilizing because being both really comfortable (rather than the H&R springs), suspension are working a lot on small bumps, and being really precise when you throw the car hard in a curve (way more than the H&R on stock shock).
The information from the road can easily be feel inside the car and are really traduce by the steering wheel moves.

- A main reason why I bought them, because there are one of the rare coilovers capable to lower without modifying spring tension : the body of the shock is able to go down on the end-arm (like a screw), being able to lower by 8mm the rears, keeping the normal length of the working zone. Plus, if you lower the spring, then you could go really down. As shown on my photos, I lower the body to 8mm and add a 8mm lowering thanks to the spring (classic way of adjustable coilovers)

- Finally, the settings are really easy to do and accessible.

Well, I'm not a seller, I'm not a CEO of Ohlins, just a customer. For the moment (no track-day yet) i'm fully happy, because having the heigh I wanted, and the feeling very pure and precise.
I'll update the feeling when my alignement will be done to -1.5 front and -2.3 rear.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:05 AM
porscheologist is on a distinguished road
nice, I like your setup and the ride height.

I recently bite the bullet and got my BC Racing Coilovers and will be installing them soon.

just like you, I'm thinking the time consuming part will be setting the ride height as I'm looking to lower approximately the same as your car. I wish I knew how many mm to lower for my BC Coilovers from the first setup rather than removing and mounting the wheels that will probably be more than one time.

Old 11-08-2017, 05:29 AM
VictorFR is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice ! You should be able to aim the same heigh !
Unfortunately, it's useless to tell you the heigh I putted, cause not the same, and the spring preload rules are not the same...

Take your time, mount them, get a drive around the quarter, then check the heigh. If you mesure the space between the top of the tire and the edge of your fender, you will approximately know how much lower you have to go

Old 11-08-2017, 05:35 AM
no issues I'll give it a shot

Old 11-11-2017, 05:36 PM
Jeremyh is an unknown quantity at this point
It took me twice as long to get the neight right than it did to install the coilovers. I thought i would wear the lugs out before i got it right! Definitely the harder part of this upgrade is setup

Old 11-11-2017, 08:10 PM
gonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond repute
I really like the multi-spoke wheels - who makes them?

Just make sure you get a really good alignment/corner balance. I have BC Racing coil overs and I'm at the maximum for alignment/toe with otherwise OEM parts.

Old 11-11-2017, 10:05 PM
Hi gons996

thank you for the compliment, the 10 spoke racing carbon graphite wheels are VVF 106 from Vorsteiner.

man I'm really digging the looks of your ride , this is approximately the target height I'm after.

are you having any issues with the height, i.e. road stability, tire rubbing and so forth ?

are you lowered to the absolute max settings with your BC racing coilovers ? also how many clicks are you currently with the firmness setting from zero anticlockwise ? hence I could use your settings as reference for my setup if that's ok.

Old 11-12-2017, 06:55 PM
gonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond repute
No issues with the ride height once I got a really good alignment although I'm at my maximum with the other stock suspension parts. The coil overs are not at the maximum although not too far from it. My settings are from clockwise 12 clicks front, 10 rear. I wish I had purchased the extenders for the rear so I can adjust them further, but no real complaints.

Old 11-12-2017, 06:57 PM
Who makes the wheels and what's the make and size, if you don't mind?

Originally Posted by VictorFR
Hey guys

First of all, sorry for my poor english...
Thanks to all the information I found on the forum, I just bought and installed on my 997.1 Carrera 2S the Ohlins Road and Track setup.
I'm not a pro-track'man, just some track days as an amateur.
I'm running 235 - 305 Michelin Pilot Sport CUP

After having Eibach Pro kit Springs, not satisfied of the heigh, then gone for the H&R spring kit, much better but not enough low for my mind, I finally jump onto the entire coilovers.

From France, buying a kit in USA were really expensive, and as a motorcycle addict, I know Ohlins is one of the most high-end shock manufacturer.
I bought a set, receiving them 4 days after the payment, without any issue.

I installed them myself, as I've done the 4 springs (2 times, Eibach + H&R), it's not that hard, jacking up the car and taking time. I could explain you some steps, but there already are some really nice guides here.
The hardest part is the final setting of the heigh and setting of the coilovers themselves, taking time by removing/mounting wheels...

I decide to set both the front and the rear to 7 click on a range of 15 (15 is the comforts, 0 is the track-way).
I still wait for my alignement to be done at the end of the month, I actually had some drives around the city to test them :
- It's destabilizing because being both really comfortable (rather than the H&R springs), suspension are working a lot on small bumps, and being really precise when you throw the car hard in a curve (way more than the H&R on stock shock).
The information from the road can easily be feel inside the car and are really traduce by the steering wheel moves.

- A main reason why I bought them, because there are one of the rare coilovers capable to lower without modifying spring tension : the body of the shock is able to go down on the end-arm (like a screw), being able to lower by 8mm the rears, keeping the normal length of the working zone. Plus, if you lower the spring, then you could go really down. As shown on my photos, I lower the body to 8mm and add a 8mm lowering thanks to the spring (classic way of adjustable coilovers)

- Finally, the settings are really easy to do and accessible.

Well, I'm not a seller, I'm not a CEO of Ohlins, just a customer. For the moment (no track-day yet) i'm fully happy, because having the heigh I wanted, and the feeling very pure and precise.
I'll update the feeling when my alignement will be done to -1.5 front and -2.3 rear.

Old 11-12-2017, 11:08 PM
Thank you for the info gons996

Old 11-12-2017, 11:44 PM
CY00 is on a distinguished road
Thank you for the ohlins review. I’m getting mine installed next week, ohlins road & track on my 997.2 I believe it’s the exact same part number for all 997 carrera s.
Really looking forward to it. I have the pasm suspension so I have to use a piwis to code the pasm out. Did you have pasm as well?
Aiming for 1.5 and 1 inch lowering front and rear respectively.

Just curious about your alignment, why do you want to run more negative camber in the rear? I think recommended setting is .5 degrees more negative camber in the front than rear. Example -2 front and -1.5 rear

Old 11-13-2017, 05:57 PM
I'm curious about the "piwis to code the pasm out"? How's that done? After going from H&R like the OP I went with BC Racing and they're not pasm friendly and I have the "pasm failure" code.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by gonz996
I'm curious about the "piwis to code the pasm out"? How's that done? After going from H&R like the OP I went with BC Racing and they're not pasm friendly and I have the "pasm failure" code.
hey gons996,

i followed the easy instructions in the attachment pdf file with my Durametric pro tool to delete my PASM .

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
AWE_Tuning_PASM_Delete.pdf (161.7 KB, 82 views)
Old 11-13-2017, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by gonz996
this link will also help to do the job https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...able-pasm.html

Old 11-13-2017, 09:26 PM
Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.