997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Disasterous engine replacement saved by Raby Motors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 04:42 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Disasterous engine replacement saved by Raby Motors

Cautionary tale, short version:
Local Long Island Porsche shop (pm me for details) charged top dollar to do long block replacement and installation. They managed to botch the motor and bugger the warranty. I received a motor with unknown problems causing it to burn massive amounts of oil and throw cels. In addition I was lied to and told to 'just keep driving it' I was looking at a total loss. A fellow Renn member I was in communication with (Ben Z) called Jake Raby who reached out to me and offered to help. Jake was able to read and monitor engine parameters from shop in Ga using special equipment and I shipped the car out there with fingers crossed. The engine was stripped and rebuilt, sent to LN for cylinder work and reassembled. After some two months with time out for a hurricane I got an email from Jake with embedded video saying 'it's fixed' showing engine readouts sent from the top of some mountain in Cleveland Ga. Happy ending with the help of message board community and the good folks at Raby Motors. Thanks to all. Thanks Jake doesn't cover it. Back out on the road here. Take care folks.

Last edited by Gpjli; 11-24-2017 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-25-2017, 07:30 AM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
I response to members questions the name of the LI shop that screwed the pooch is TKX Performance, Huntington Sta.

Old 11-25-2017, 07:33 AM
Having car fixed is especially important. Scheduled for knee replacement Tuesday. What better motivation to get moving than my car calling to me from the driveway?

Old 11-27-2017, 02:04 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
That is very concerning given the work they just did for me this summer (IPD Plenum, GT3 throttle body, FVD headers and 200 cell cats, EVOMS tune). Was told the leak down test passed with flying colors.

Old 11-27-2017, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by lacrosse
That is very concerning given the work they just did for me this summer (IPD Plenum, GT3 throttle body, FVD headers and 200 cell cats, EVOMS tune). Was told the leak down test passed with flying colors.

Not sure. PM me with your specific concerns tonight. I'll be out of commission for rest of week

Old 11-28-2017, 06:14 AM
Originally Posted by lacrosse

PM sent

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.