997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

hahahhaahh M3 beats 997S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 03:45 AM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by M3j0n
Kev, jsut so you know, im a regular on that forum as well. I have raced a few 997Ss since they are very common in my area and have been successful in beating them 3 for 3. My e46 m3 is not supercharged. I raced some guy in a 996 "ruf" turbo (a 996 turbo with ruf badging and bodykit i dont know what performance mods it had) from a 0 - 120 run. I had 2 passengers in my m3 and he was by himself with racing seats, not the standard TT seats. From 0 - 120, he only beat me by 1.5 car lengths.

Just for comparison sake, i ran a friend in an AA stg 2 s/c'd e46 with a 300 pound stereo system from a 1st gear roll to 120 and he only started to pull away in the top of third into 4th gear. At 120 he was only 2 CLs ahead and i had a passenger while he was by himself. Furthermore, after a bit more tuning and some spray he ended up dynoing the highest numbers of any m3 in the world. He hadnt run the 1/4 so i dont know what the car wouldnt run, but i think it put down somethign ridiculouis like 550RWHP. Our race was just the stg 2 s/c with the system in the car w/o spray before it got retuned for the spray however.

Not going to argue with you, but the m3 is extremely fast. If you dont think a modded m3 (driven properly) cant take a stock 997S, youre mistaken. If you'd like, come down to my area and ill be glad to run you . I didnt read what mods THAT particular M3 had, but i know i will beat any stock 997S out there. You have a certain reputation on m3 forums, please dont bring that reputation over here.

-jon
You ran into some bad drivers. Your friend didnt dyno the most HP numbers for an M3 btw.

Old 07-04-2006, 03:46 AM
Banned
M3j0n is on a distinguished road
I jsut read his first post. Just so my words dont get twisted, I will not make the claim that any m3 short of FI could come anywhere close to an m6, unless its in 400hp mode and not 500hp mode. If he thinks he beat a m6 in m sport mode, hes on some serious mind altering drug. I finally got to drive the m6 about a week ago. It is MUCH MUCH faster than the m5. THe m6 is so much faster than the m3, its absolutely ridiculous.

Old 07-04-2006, 03:46 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by SCM3
You ran into some bad drivers. Your friend didnt dyno the most HP numbers for an M3 btw.
taz, he did have the highest numbers until you recently dynoed your stg 3+ with spray.

and wow... 5 out of 5 races were bad drivers? thats pretty insane odds....

Last edited by M3j0n; 07-04-2006 at 03:49 AM.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:48 AM
Banned
check out the dyno numbers that he posted on m3forum. username "fastestm3". Show me another e46 m3 that posted higher numbers than that before that date.

Old 07-04-2006, 03:50 AM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
taz, he did have the highest numbers until you recently dynoed your stg 3+ with spray.
He had the highest numbers with Nitrous for a short while. He still didnt get record numbers for just boost. He shoud beat you by way more then just 2 cars just on boost, im shocked at that result. Ive pulled bus lengths on modded M3's.

Old 07-04-2006, 03:52 AM
check out the dyno numbers that he posted on m3forum. username "fastestm3". Show me another e46 m3 that posted higher numbers than that before that date.
I know him. His Nitrous hp number was less then 5 hp more then the record holder (im sure he was on a 100 shot), he didnt get near the boost only numbers though. Both those numbers were broken (by a good amount)shortly.

Old 07-04-2006, 03:54 AM
Banned
He had the highest numbers with Nitrous for a short while. He still didnt get record numbers for just boost. He shoud beat you by way more then just 2 cars just on boost, im shocked at that result. Ive pulled bus lengths on modded M3's.
I never said he pulled record numbers on boost alone. Please read more carefully. We reproduced the run MULTIPLE TIMES 1st gear roll to 120, 2nd gear roll to 120 MULTIPLE TIMES on different days so heat soak wasnt an issue and the results were the same each time. DOnt get me wrong anything after that he would pull on me like i wasnt even moving. But who really goes over that speed anyway.

Old 07-04-2006, 03:55 AM
Banned
I know him. His Nitrous hp number was less then 5 hp more then the record holder (im sure he was on a 100 shot), he didnt get near the boost only numbers though. Both those numbers were broken (by a good amount)shortly.
regardless, i didnt say anything false, so i dont know what youre trying to point out?...

Old 07-04-2006, 03:57 AM
I never said he pulled record numbers on boost alone. Please read more carefully. We reproduced the run MULTIPLE TIMES 1st gear roll to 120, 2nd gear roll to 120 MULTIPLE TIMES on different days so heat soak wasnt an issue and the results were the same each time. DOnt get me wrong anything after that he would pull on me like i wasnt even moving. But who really goes over that speed anyway.
Well then either his car doesnt run right or your car is making 400hp, so which is it? Maybe the stories are bogus? By 120 ill be 10+ cars ahead of a modded M3.

Old 07-04-2006, 03:57 AM
regardless, i didnt say anything false, so i dont know what youre trying to point out?...
Nope you didnt, nor did i say you are wrong about it. I validated the fact he beat the nitrous M3 record by 4-5HP for a short time.

Old 07-04-2006, 04:02 AM
Banned
Well then either his car doesnt run right or your car is making 400hp, so which is it? Maybe the stories are bogus? By 120 ill be 10+ cars ahead of a modded M3.
Dude! you have a stg3 "plus" WITH NOS on top of it. I have no doubt that youre MUCH MUCH faster than a N/A m3. Thats not the ****ign point. How insecure are you?

right,... well... you know what. I'm not going to argue with you.. obviously you have some sort of issue with this. I had another passenger in my car for these runs and i can assure you that they arent bogus. I was told that you "took" his nitrous info that he gave you and instead of having it done per his instructions, you decided to do it with another company/installer. If you know him so well, why dont you ask him if the runs were bogus. I'm done, ive said my piece. Obviously, i know how fast these cars are since i drive them everyday. I really hope you can read properly and you can understand that I'm saying i still lost! I'm jsut sayign that a 997S is not ungodly fast and m3s are reasonably quick, thats all.

Old 07-04-2006, 04:06 AM
right,... well... you know what. I'm not going to argue with you.. obviously you have some sort of issue with this. I had another passenger in my car for these runs and i can assure you that they arent bogus. I was told that you "took" his nitrous info that he gave you and instead of having it done per his instructions, you decided to do it with another company/installer. If you know him so well, why dont you ask him if the runs were bogus. I'm done, ive said my piece. Obviously, i know how fast these cars are since i drive them everyday. I really hope you can read properly and you can understand that I'm saying i still lost! I'm jsut sayign that a 997S is not ungodly fast and m3s are reasonably quick, thats all.
What are you talking about? Were discussing two cars here, no need to try to get personal or even angry.

Adam and I have our differences now, thats between him and I. Why are you involved now?

You drive a 997s, M3, and SC M3 everyday? Honestly you have no chance against a good driven 997S. Its just the facts, the porsche makes more power. But your car is just a freak right it loses by 2 cars to a car making 180whp (SC M3) more.

Let me get this straight, you own all those cars in your sig?
GT2
E55
H2
H1
M3
M3
(M6)

Old 07-04-2006, 04:10 AM
Banned
how did i know you were gonna go there....so typical.. yes, they are sitting in the garage/driveway right now.

Old 07-04-2006, 04:14 AM
how did i know you were gonna go there....so typical.. yes, they are sitting in the garage/driveway right now.
Ok.

Old 07-04-2006, 04:16 AM
Banned
What are you talking about? Were discussing two cars here, no need to try to get personal or even angry.
it looks like youre the one taking it personally and getting angry

Adam and I have our differences now, thats between him and I. Why are you involved now?
he has a history of this with a lot of people apparently... me being one of them. When i say "buddy of mine" that should be interpreted loosely. Just so you know where i stand. The only reason i mentioned it was becasue he made such a big deal about it to me.

You drive a 997s, M3, and SC M3 everyday? Honestly you have no chance against a good driven 997S. Its just the facts, the porsche makes more power.
if you know anything about cars, you would never say taht one car makes more power therfore it is faster. COme on. lets not be ignorant.

But your car is just a freak right it loses by 2 cars to a car making 180whp (SC M3) more.
Umm where are you getting your stats from? aa S/C makes 500 at the crank

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: hahahhaahh M3 beats 997S