997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Sport Exhaust-C2S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Root is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of light
Thank you, JCS.

Old 10-28-2006, 04:28 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JCS
Good morning ,
I did not mean to get you upset.
The question of this thread was to find out the difference between the regular and the PSE Porsche exhausts.
Not about performance or weight or how you like your aftermarket mufflers.
Perhaps you are the one who needs to chill .

I am very happy that you like your Fabspeed's.
Many others , my friend included, had serious resonance problems with them and had them removed.
PS: they DO make paper thin stainless steel sheetmetal and I hope it lasts you a lifetime ( whatever that means ) A lifetime only lasts until something dies or the company goes out of business. Personally I would not expect too much from an outfit that sells mufflers out of a driveway.
To my knowledge and eyes Fabspeed sells there products out of a building and not his home. You saw the video shot at a home and just asumed that? WOW!
Anyhow I perfer the aftermarket mufflers from Fabspeed, or what other brand of your choice like Tubi or AWE. Yep they are lighter and sound better than PSE...and they are more freeflowing in not just sound (PSE) but in moving exhaust air out of the engine.

Old 10-28-2006, 06:33 PM
JCS
JCS will become famous soon enough
[Anyhow I perfer the aftermarket mufflers from Fabspeed, or what other brand of your choice like Tubi or AWE. Yep they are lighter and sound better than PSE...and they are more freeflowing in not just sound (PSE) but in moving exhaust air out of the engine.[/quote]

I'm happy to hear that Fabspeed can now afford a building.
Business must be good . Lol

Not so long ago he was making his own amateur production videos with a hand held camera in his driveway . Probably better lighting .
( is this a great country or what ?)

As to what sounds better, well that's an individual choice . Many disagree with you . Just look at the "Resonance " thread on this site.

Just how much more "free flowing" than the PSE's are they ?
What is the pressure drop thru them at various RPM settings ?
Do you have any numbers or just the Fabspeed sales pitch ?
Fabspeed claims over 50 HP when you add up the numbers for their exhaust system and their revolutionary "cold air intake" rubber elbow.

That pretty much sums it up .If you believe that, I'm sure you have no problem believing their lifetime " warranty "
(Did you get that in writing ? ) Lol

Maybe you should ask Porsche why they are reluctant to switch to this fabulous equipment. With a little more polishing and a few tweeks, I bet they could get close to 100 HP out of it.
Just think . Fabspeeds are much cheaper and for the price of a 997 S , I could be close to the Turbo in performance .Or even better, because of all the weight savings .
( Oops, THAT'S probably why they keep selling us the crap we get from them as standard )

Don't misunderstand me . I am not trying to upset you, or be controversial.
And again, I'm happy that you are satisfied with your aftermarket mufflers.
Just don't keep blindly repeating the marketing BS without knowing the facts.

Enjoy your car .

Last edited by JCS; 10-28-2006 at 07:07 PM.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:49 PM
TAnthony is on a distinguished road
man oh man - I was considering the AWE system considering their performance claims, but after reading all this and other posts....... I think I'll just keep hitting the SPORT button....