997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Sport Exhaust-C2S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 11:33 AM
Root is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of light
Sport Exhaust-C2S

Is there a very noticeable difference in the sound of the PSE vs. stock?

Old 10-25-2006, 11:55 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Yes

Search the forum as this topic has been coverd for years.

Old 10-25-2006, 12:07 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
ROOT,
I thought you were selling your car.
get AWE i think it's better.

Old 10-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Root is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of light
I am selling the '05 C2S Coupe, but I ordered the PSE on the '07 C2S Cabriolet.

Old 10-25-2006, 09:48 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Root, here is my opinion on PSE. It sounds nice...BUT...it is heavy and offers no performance. Fabspeed, AWE and others sound to me better than PSE plus they weight much less not to mention will save you well over $1000.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:11 AM
Thanks for your input.

Old 10-27-2006, 11:15 AM
JCS
JCS will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by mdrums
Root, here is my opinion on PSE. It sounds nice...BUT...it is heavy and offers no performance. Fabspeed, AWE and others sound to me better than PSE plus they weight much less not to mention will save you well over $1000.

How do you know PSE does not offer more performance ?
Just because Porsche does not make ridiculous outlandish claims like the aftermarket muffler welders?
On another thread, they claimed 59 to 69 Dyno proven HP for the AWE exhaust and EVO intake sytems. That just about sums it up.

( Porsche only publishes the actual HP produced by the engine,not what's available at the driven wheel )
In PSE mode, you basically bypass ~ 2/3 of the muffler. It then is also louder than many aftermarket mufflers, which should equate to a LOT LESS backpressure than going thru a FULL aftermarket muffler. Unless I'm missing something .

In any event , don't get a muffler for the possible few ( and I mean FEW ) extra HP. Get it for the sound. If you like the AWE or Fabspeed better , that's fine .
But the main reason to me for the PSE is the ability to make it QUIET when I want to .And you are guaranteed not to have any resonance problems which is very likely with aftermarket stuff.

And the only reason why the Fabspeed et.al. mufflers are lighter is because they are made from paper thin sheetmetal compared to the OEM .
Look at it this way : you get more traction on the rear wheels . Lol

Old 10-27-2006, 11:46 AM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
the option to turn off the PSE is great and was the reason why i thought PSE was a must for me.

Old 10-27-2006, 01:12 PM
07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough07speed is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by trovan
the option to turn off the PSE is great and was the reason why i thought PSE was a must for me.
I am new to the Porsche world,, what do you mean you can turn off the PSE. Is their a switch in the cockpit??

Old 10-27-2006, 02:00 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
someone can correct me if i am wrong. before 997, there is an actual switch to turn it on and off. but with the 997, the switch is tight in to the sports switch. same button will activate both sports (sports chrono) and PSE.

Old 10-28-2006, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by JCS
How do you know PSE does not offer more performance ?
Just because Porsche does not make ridiculous outlandish claims like the aftermarket muffler welders?
On another thread, they claimed 59 to 69 Dyno proven HP for the AWE exhaust and EVO intake sytems. That just about sums it up.

( Porsche only publishes the actual HP produced by the engine,not what's available at the driven wheel )
In PSE mode, you basically bypass ~ 2/3 of the muffler. It then is also louder than many aftermarket mufflers, which should equate to a LOT LESS backpressure than going thru a FULL aftermarket muffler. Unless I'm missing something .

In any event , don't get a muffler for the possible few ( and I mean FEW ) extra HP. Get it for the sound. If you like the AWE or Fabspeed better , that's fine .
But the main reason to me for the PSE is the ability to make it QUIET when I want to .And you are guaranteed not to have any resonance problems which is very likely with aftermarket stuff.

And the only reason why the Fabspeed et.al. mufflers are lighter is because they are made from paper thin sheetmetal compared to the OEM .
Look at it this way : you get more traction on the rear wheels . Lol
CHILL!!!! I never said any other mufflers make more power...geesh...I said you will not get any hp for the PSE system and that system weights amore than stock and a lot more than Fabspeed, AWE, Tubi and so forth. I have the Fabspeed mufflers and did not think they were made paper thin. They are stainless and will last as long as I own the car. Also no resonance probs either!

Old 10-28-2006, 09:34 AM
JCS
Originally Posted by mdrums
CHILL!!!! I never said any other mufflers make more power...geesh...I said you will not get any hp for the PSE system and that system weights amore than stock and a lot more than Fabspeed, AWE, Tubi and so forth. I have the Fabspeed mufflers and did not think they were made paper thin. They are stainless and will last as long as I own the car. Also no resonance probs either!
Good morning ,
I did not mean to get you upset.
The question of this thread was to find out the difference between the regular and the PSE Porsche exhausts.
Not about performance or weight or how you like your aftermarket mufflers.
Perhaps you are the one who needs to chill .

I am very happy that you like your Fabspeed's.
Many others , my friend included, had serious resonance problems with them and had them removed.
PS: they DO make paper thin stainless steel sheetmetal and I hope it lasts you a lifetime ( whatever that means ) A lifetime only lasts until something dies or the company goes out of business. Personally I would not expect too much from an outfit that sells mufflers out of a driveway.

Old 10-28-2006, 09:48 AM
Anyone have an answer to Trovan's question!

Old 10-28-2006, 11:39 AM
JCS
Originally Posted by Root
Anyone have an answer to Trovan's question!
IF you have a 997 or 997 S WITH sports chrono , the PSE is activated whenever the "sport" mode is selected and is off otherwise.
ie: you cannot just have the PSE exhaust on loud, without being in " sports" mode.And when you are in " sport" mode, the PSE is loud, period.

If you do NOT have sports chrono, you get a separate switch just for the PSE ( the switch has the dual exhaust symbol on it )and you can turn it on and off as you wish.

Before the 997 models, there was no "sports chrono", therefore if you had PSE, it had it's own switch , as above.

Many install another switch to bypass the factory settings for separate PSE control, or permanently disconnect either the solenoid valve or the vac. lines which open and close the exhaust dampers to have PSE on loud all the time.

Hope this answers your question.

Old 10-28-2006, 11:53 AM
jdl175 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
The PSE includes the in dash switch, which has been included with factory installed PSE since 2002. The PSE Teq. kit came with the switch but some people chose not to install it because there was a significant labor charge to install the switch. The natural position of the exhaust flaps is open.

Once you hear the exhaust note when the system is on; you may never turn it off. Plus, the 997 PSE comes with awesome dual outlet chrome tips. In the past, Porsche did not include the exhaust tips with the PSE.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sport Exhaust-C2S