American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

My dad and I hung out today.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 11:25 AM
dejjisch is infamous around these parts
damn nice looking Stangs there!!

Old 04-27-2008, 01:53 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Romancer
Thanks Mohammed! Ford wasn't the first automobile company. What Ford did do first was create the moving assembly line which greatly increased production. The assembly line also made cars more affordable! This was so revolutionary that it's understandable for many to mistake them for being the first. I'm sure Henry Ford wouldn't mind having that label.

I appreciate the words, man. Whether they are future classics or not, we are enjoying the crap out of them right now!

I guess your loyal to the brand,

Old 04-27-2008, 02:19 PM
1MEANGT is infamous around these parts
Great looking cars man!

Old 04-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Romancer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 1MEANGT
Great looking cars man!
Thanks

Dejjisch, Phoenix as well.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:23 PM
JN87 is infamous around these parts
Hmmm 3 Shelbys...
the black vert as a cruser
the white&blue modded like hell (i.e. 700+rwhp) for the drag strip
and the red&white with a Griggs GR40 racing suspension and all the goodies for the road course
... but that would be me hehe really nice cars!

Old 04-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by JN87
Hmmm 3 Shelbys...
the black vert as a cruser
the white&blue modded like hell (i.e. 700+rwhp) for the drag strip
and the red&white with a Griggs GR40 racing suspension and all the goodies for the road course
... but that would be me hehe really nice cars!
You aren't too far off.

Old 04-29-2008, 10:40 PM
alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !
It's great to see another Ford guy on here! I couldn't imagine having 3 GT500's! That's INSANE! Which one is being converted to the Super Snake spec?

Also, do you you mind if I take a guess at the "something more exotic"? I'm gonna guess a Ford GT! Do I win a prize??

That's great that you get to spend time with your dad. I always enjoy spending time with mine. Thanks for sharing the pics and story with us.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by alzilla300
It's great to see another Ford guy on here! I couldn't imagine having 3 GT500's! That's INSANE! Which one is being converted to the Super Snake spec?

Also, do you you mind if I take a guess at the "something more exotic"? I'm gonna guess a Ford GT! Do I win a prize??

That's great that you get to spend time with your dad. I always enjoy spending time with mine. Thanks for sharing the pics and story with us.
No problem man. Yea we're Ford people. I love all cars but there is nothing like the sound of a modular V8.

Sorry, I don't have any prizes to hand out!

I'm not sure which one is going to get converted. First it was the red one, but now it may be the white one. Definitely not the convertible, though.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:17 PM
Blau Moon is infamous around these parts
lol. I like the fact that he bought it cause of seeing it in the movie, and I do have to admit that I like the color combo of the red and white. Nice set of weekend toys your dad has there!

Old 05-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Blau Moon
lol. I like the fact that he bought it cause of seeing it in the movie, and I do have to admit that I like the color combo of the red and white. Nice set of weekend toys your dad has there!
Yea, I agree. He bought it as soon as I showed told him about it a few months ago. He was like a kid in the candy store when he finally got to see the scene.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:04 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
like fords huh?

Old 05-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
like fords huh?

Old 05-05-2008, 03:30 PM
ROD
ROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud of
I prefer the white GT500 with blue stripes.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
nice rides!

Old 05-09-2008, 11:13 AM
289FIA_Cobra is infamous around these parts
to have just one would be enough for me. I'm a blue oval guy I guess and oddly, I'm in the position of buying a Mustang but my daily driver (VW Passat) needs to be replaced soon or the suspension's going to fall apart.

I used to drive a 65' Mustang I bought off my brother back in 79' (he was the original owner). I had dreams of retro-ing it to a GT350-ish look (didn't know about the Terralingua's back then) but had to get rid of it as my future wife saw it as a sink hole. We needed to buy at least a condo so off it went for dirty cheap ($800) with a rebuilt motor to boot.

I vowed I'd buy a Mustang someday, and maybe a Shelby product if he ever put it out again... that was in the 80's. So today, I can get an entry level Shelby GT. But alas, the daily driver is 10 years old and it's feeling it. That and a college bound kid. Sometimes life get's in the way. I envy you and your dad but I hope you NEVER have to get rid of either one. In the big scheme, it's not worth it. They are absolutely gorgeous as is so I can't wait to see what you end up doing with it!

In the meantime, I guess my "toy" will have to suffice. I can't drive it in the rain like you did so it's a bummer at times. But it is somewhat blue oval (347W 650DP BG, straight exhaust... bunch of other little goodies.)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My dad and I hung out today.