American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Motons Club Sports or LG?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 11:00 PM
Former Vendor
LARennsport will become famous soon enough
Only place I read about of the top shops doing the Motons is Katech and like for the Porsche's they aren't cheap and take a lot of fiddling....

Old 08-26-2009, 04:30 PM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
Motons are awesome. LG would be plenty capable of corner weighting/cross balancing the car. A street setup should be easily within reach, with no dialing in on your part really.

You would still be able to recoup cash from the Pfadts as well.

I have LGs coil overs on my WS6. They are Bilsteins with Hypercoil springs spec'd by LG. I aligned and corner weighted/cross balanced the car myself. Most people who know the f bodys stock, are scared ****less when I'm hitting on-ramps at 90+ MPH.

LGs stuff works, but years ago when I spent HUGE coin with him, his service was absolutely horrid. Out of the $50k+ I've spent with various aftermarket companies with all sorts of cars/toys.... He was the worst. Could of been an isolated issue, but his parts DO work.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:04 PM
White_lightning is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
LGs stuff works, but years ago when I spent HUGE coin with him, his service was absolutely horrid. Out of the $50k+ I've spent with various aftermarket companies with all sorts of cars/toys.... He was the worst. Could of been an isolated issue, but his parts DO work.
I have had the exact oposite experience. every time i have gone there Lou and the entire staff has been really nice.. gone out of their way to make me happy. And its not just me. I have seen them deal with other customers and it has always impressed me.

That being said, every shop has a few customers who just dont click with the people running it. If that wasnt the case there would only be 1 shop in every location and everyone else would go under. After dealing with a lot of the local shops, i wouldnt go anywhere but LGM.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:16 AM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
Thats good, thats the way it should be. But I waited 7 months for my coil overs, after I paid in full. They beat around the bush with me for a looong time.

In the end, they did make an attempt to make it right. But I've never had an experience even close to that dealing with other companies.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:42 AM
acr-c is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by KA 997TT
I visited LG Motor sports in Dallas and they have an in-house built Coilovers using Bilstein shocks and they seem pretty ok, I have been using the Motons on my 997TT and they are awesome just a bunch of work to properly tune and install them.
What would you guys recommend on my 08 C6? it currently has a Pfadt Racing Coils that i would like to get rid of ASAP. they are soft and not the least OK in my opinion. the shock is the biggest problem not to mention that the springs provided to me were too soft for a ford focus.
So what say you?!
Your C6 currently has the Pfadt coilovers installed? They are actually one of the best street/track compromise packages out there. I have run the Doug Rippie Motorsports coilovers before and they are much more suited to all out track use. They are just more aggressive in their set up.

The LG coilovers are supposed to be good, although I haven't seen them for myself except on some of Lou's promotional videos.

Motons are the cream of the crop, but I'm not sure they are really worth the extra cash unless you plan on tracking the car extensively.

PM me if you want for my phone # and I can give you more info if you want.

Christian