American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Fisker. Lier .. lier.. car on fire!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Daniel Coldwell is on a distinguished road
Lets go back to the legendary 90´s POS... the Chevrolet EV-1

Ugly
Slow
Retard
Boring
and electric...

http://motoburg.com/images/chevrolet-ev1-01.jpg

Old 09-10-2012, 03:44 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
EV1 had a 0-60 in 7 seconds I think. Hardly slow as your average sports car is around that speed. I don't think you could have even seen one in person given your age.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:55 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
My Tesla should be here in Oct, I don't think that car is an epic failure. I love the design, the dynamics of the little driving I have with it. I love just about everything about it. I bought a hybrid car back in 2004 when everyone was going WTF, and I'm happy that I got the Tesla now. I'm a die hard gear head-- but the Tesla, funded by our government, I think it was a great decision.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:08 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
F1driver. I agree that the car is better looking than most American Made metal. Just wait until the electrons stop moving...... which so it seems can and will be at any time for any reason or none at all. But.. good luck with it..

Old 09-10-2012, 05:41 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hroussard
F1driver. I agree that the car is better looking than most American Made metal. Just wait until the electrons stop moving...... which so it seems can and will be at any time for any reason or none at all. But.. good luck with it..

I'm not to concern. I live in the Bay area, so the factory is close by. It comes with a 10 year, unlimited miles warranty, which trust me, I will maximize every penny for the money I'm paying.

Also, I love supporting new, innovating projects- and this one will improve the lives of everyone on earth - so yes- they can have my money. Hopefully my contribution in $ by supporting a company like Tesla will help redirect our planet to a brighter and better future. I believe if people have the means, they need to help lead the way for a better future. That is why my company purchased a 300,000 MWat solar system from Solyndra, that is why I'm buying an electric car. To help these technologies get to the ordinary people.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:31 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
Sounds good, unfortunately I , also living in the Bay , am getting dragged into a deep Scheisse pool of deficits by people that think " Apres Moi Le Deluge" and squander the wealth and richness of the State.. Ethanol is a case in point ( great effort to save the world obviously) and so of course are the bunch renewable energy companies that went bust. Imagine at the money that could have been saved and used for some real benefits to the population. Just my 5 cents of course.. Now only worth about Nada AK ZERO because of the bunch of imbeciles running the show in California. Oops. seems I have an opinion . :-)

Last edited by hroussard; 09-10-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:01 PM
Update:

Our Model S #430 was delivered last week. What a machine ! Best luxury car I have driven. It really matches well in everything vs the Panamera Turbo ( minus the handling)

Old 10-31-2012, 08:29 PM
6speedRob is on a distinguished road
Post some pics and video. Congrats on the purchase!

Old 11-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Better keep the Fisker DRY!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/...e-sandy-flood/

A total of 16 Fisker Karma extended-range electric cars, each costing more than a $100k, have gone up in flames after reportedly being partially submerged by flash floods caused by Hurricane Sandy. The brand new cars were parked in Port Newark, New Jersey, and are believed to have caught fire last night.

Images of the wrecked Karmas, posted by Jalopnik, show the damage to each of the cars to be quite extensive.

The reason for the fire remains unknown, though the floods, which contained salty seawater, may have caused a short that led to the fire.

Fisker has since released the following statement:

“It was reported today that several Fisker Karmas were damaged by fire at the Port of Newark after being submerged in sea water during Superstorm Sandy. We can report that there were no injuries and none of the cars were being charged at the time.
"We have confidence in the Fisker Karma and safety is our primary concern. While we intend to find the cause as quickly as possible, storm damage has restricted access to the port.
"We will issue a further statement once the root cause has been determined.”

There have been two previous incidents involving the Fisker Karma and fire, the first time at a home in Houston, Texas, and the second on a roadside in Woodside, California. While no reason for the first fire has been given, Fisker determined that the cause of the second fire was a faulty cooling fan supplied by another company.

We will update the story as soon as further information becomes known.
View original post

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/...#ixzz2Azhut1G0

Old 11-01-2012, 12:20 PM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
oops...if this is true, the fisker is dead in the water (so to speak)...

what i don't understand is how they qualified for a doe loan if the car is assembled in finland....

Old 11-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by 6speedRob
Post some pics and video. Congrats on the purchase!

Will do.

The important options we ordered: Performance package, carbon fiber trim, third row seat, no moon roof and signature red color.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:04 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
f1
I understand and appreciate your thought process. I wish I had the means to do the same because I really do love the Tesla. I am not crazy about how the fiskar looks and prefer the looks of the Model S. Please post pics of the car inside and out as I am curious to see real owner pics. I also trust your opionion on the car with the experience you have driving many different types of cars. I am sure I will one day get the opportunity to drive a Model S or I at least hope I do. Can you also scan and post the window sticker because I am curious to see it. If you dont want to because of personal information I understand as well. Have a good day.
Ryan

Old 12-05-2012, 01:01 AM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cohenfive
oops...if this is true, the fisker is dead in the water (so to speak)...

what i don't understand is how they qualified for a doe loan if the car is assembled in finland....
I visited the Fisker booth last weekend at the LA Auto show & heard the guy saying something about these cars being built in Anaheim CA.