American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

New ZO6 is impressive check out this website.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 02:16 AM
Dave@EFI will become famous soon enoughDave@EFI will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by NAPO
The only thing that keeps me from buying one is the interior, it's garbage... Although, I keep having second thoughts.
A trip to Caravaggio Corvettes would fix that in a hurry!

Old 07-15-2005, 02:25 AM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by Dave@EFI
A trip to Caravaggio Corvettes would fix that in a hurry!
Thanks for reminding me! I was checking out their website not to long ago... Their interiors look awesome!

Hmmmmm...

Old 07-15-2005, 08:49 AM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
My bottom line is what it does and how it does it.
So a 1000 hp KIA that pulled 1.1g on the skidpad would be something you'd like?

I'd love to see the look on the guys face when I smoke him in every measureable category.......
You wouldn't see any expression from me...because I wouldn't care.

Old 07-15-2005, 09:00 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is on a distinguished road
It is a bad *** car...

Maybe a good hold over until the 2nd/3rd year of the 997TT....

Old 07-15-2005, 09:01 AM
ebaker is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Dock (Atlanta)
I'd like that.

Old 07-15-2005, 09:29 AM
WARDHOG will become famous soon enough
It's hand built too!

Old 07-15-2005, 09:49 AM
KJM3 is on a distinguished road
Glad to see they ditched the Leaf Springs for a Double Wishbone suspension!

- KJ

Old 07-15-2005, 10:03 AM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
I'll wait when it drops value by 30-40% in the first 6 months.. hehe...

Z06 and C6 used prices I have now seen for $38k hehehe..

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=y&cardist=588

I've seen C5 Z06s dip below $30k.

Maybe the C6 Z06 will keep value better while demand is high.. but it will drop like a CHEVY.. drop, LIKE A ROCK.

Old 07-15-2005, 12:04 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Hey their loss is my gain. A year from now a used
ZO6 with 505 horses would be awesome!

Old 07-15-2005, 12:06 PM
BD 997 will become famous soon enough
wanna be modena.....

Old 07-15-2005, 12:28 PM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by buddyg
Hey their loss is my gain. A year from now a used
ZO6 with 505 horses would be awesome!
My thoughts exactly ;-)

Old 07-15-2005, 01:01 PM
Dock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really niceDock (Atlanta) is just really nice
Originally posted by ebaker
I'd like that.
If it looked like the current KIA?

Old 07-15-2005, 01:16 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
[QUOTE]Originally posted by buddyg
[B]
Originally posted by Doug H
No matter what it looks like, you still get stuck with Chevy interior quality, motor, and transmisison. Too bad they cannot copy Ferrari on engine, Porsche on transmission, drivetrain and maybe brakes.

I think their motor and tranny work just fine as they wiped out the competition in their class in 2004.

You might want to look at this:

http://www.chevrolet.com/m/corvette/...ch/corHero.pdf

I don't understand why people have such hangups with a certain "Brand". This is a badass car that will kick a stock tt in the fanny straight or curvy road.

I am not saying I want this over a tt but I certainly can appreciate a car of this caliber at this price without being hung up on the fact it is a Chevy.
So what. Audi does great in its class. Doesn't mean I would run out an buy one. I did once buy a TT, but it was very dull and didn't last long. In fact, I took it back to the dealer and let it sit on the dealer's lot for over a year of my two year lease because I never drove it, did not want to keep insurance on it, and was so upside down I could not trade it so I just parked it at the dealers lot and escroed my remaining 13 payments.

I have driven the new Vettes except for this years model and I don't recall ever driving a Vette that had a tranny that felt as nice as a 996 tranny. You really don't believe that the Vette motor is as good as a Ferrari motor do you. Performance per displacement, sound and engineering in the Ferrari motors since the 355 models are works of art. Yeah, they can be a pain, but they are definitely works of art.

Its not so much the brand as I really don't like the way the car looks. The front end looks okay, but then again they copied Ferrari styling cues. The rear end still look bad.

BTW, I would have a GT40 and I own a GMC Yukon XL Denali so I am not opposed completely to American cars. And its not all about performance. If it was, no-one would buy Ferraris (except for the super Ferraris like 288 GTO, F40, F50 and Enzo).

Old 07-15-2005, 01:24 PM
yeah I've run across a nice used Z06 twice.. and each time I gave it a chance, I always came away disappointed (not at the power) but the feel.. and that horrid interior. So I got something else.

I really couldn't see myself driving it daily.. maybe just as a dedicated track car. Which someday a used C6 Z06 could be...

So yeah both times I chose a Boxster S, or a diff. car. The car just isn't for me.. perhaps the C6 will change my mind, especially the Z06 when the time comes.

Old 07-15-2005, 04:38 PM
Dave@EFI will become famous soon enoughDave@EFI will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by Dock (Atlanta)

You wouldn't see any expression from me...because I wouldn't care.
I give credit where credit is due Dock. I bet you would care if I smoked you in that Kia too.

BTW, are you the same Dock that is on Z06vette.com......?

Last edited by Dave@EFI; 07-15-2005 at 04:52 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New ZO6 is impressive check out this website.