Speed TV - AKA Rally 2008 NY to LA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 09:58 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Speed TV - AKA Rally 2008 NY to LA

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to take this opportunity to promote the AKA Rally being hosted by several 6speedonline.com members that will be a part of a special 6 episode series on Speed TV w/ Casting Calls beginning already. THIS IS THE REAL DEAL..........AND IT IS TIME........ www.akarally.com

The AKA Rally started in 2004 (some of you may have already seen this unbelievable rally w/ some of its participants on an episode of MTV's True Life: about a real world car rally across the country) with the goal of opening a true, cross-country rally experience to everyone who loves to drive. The 2007 AKA Rally went from Salt Lake City to Atlantic City, NJ, and featured top speed runs on the Bonneville Salt Flats. This year's AKA Rally will cast its participants in a 6 episode series to air on Speed TV. The 2008 rally will begin in NYC on August 18 and end in SIN CITY - Las Vegas on August 25th. Are you up for the challenge????

For those of you interested in joining the Rally this year, here is the link to the registration page and believe me when you see how much it is, you will be shocked....... https://www.akarally.com/akarallyentry

SEE YOU ALL AT THE STARTING LINE IN NYC on AUGUST 18th, 2008.......

Old 08-13-2008, 06:14 AM
Stellathomas is on a distinguished road
Aka Rally 2008

The AKA rally is a annual run from New York to Las Vegas with stops at race tracks along the way. Lots of fun for contestants and lots of great cars enter. This year, veteran AKA Rally entrant “BamBam” and his Team JDM Envy has entered his brand new Nissan R35 GT-R. Not without trepidation he intends to find out exactly how good the GT-R is and, if needed, how responsive Nissan is if there are any problems.
------------------
Stellathomas

Arizona Drug Treatment

Old 08-22-2008, 10:46 AM
bambam is on a distinguished road
yea, we have been having a blast this year. The Track event was great. Everyone loved the GT-R and it did some pretty blazing fast track times.
We even got our hands on a Cobb Tuning AcesssPort reflash. MY GOD!!! What an amazing change the tune makes.
Keep your eyes out, we may be coming through your town somewhere.. ;-)

Old 08-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Hellrot is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bambam
yea, we have been having a blast this year. The Track event was great. Everyone loved the GT-R and it did some pretty blazing fast track times.
We even got our hands on a Cobb Tuning AcesssPort reflash. MY GOD!!! What an amazing change the tune makes.
Keep your eyes out, we may be coming through your town somewhere.. ;-)
This was done on the GTR?

Old 09-15-2008, 07:16 AM
bambam is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hellrot
This was done on the GTR?
Yes we ran the GT-R on the track with the Cobb Tuning 91 Octane (Stage 1) tune. It was pretty dayum fast straight out of the box let me tell you.

I think one of the instructors said we were only 2 seconds off the best track time. They figured with a set of straight shaved R compounds and a few more laps, they could have broken the record for that track. Quite impressive.

I am thinking of hitting my local track with the GT-R in the next few weeks as I am more familiar with it and think I would be willing to push a bit harder then during the rally.