Considering a car in Scottsdale, AZ? Anyone nearby willing to help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 02:02 AM
rjp
rjp is on a distinguished road
Considering a car in Scottsdale, AZ? Anyone nearby willing to help?

Any help would be appreciated...Maybe take a look or offer any words of wisdom regarding the dealership...anything.

Seems like a good deal, but I think it's been sitting there for a while...and I'm wondering if there's a reason it's not yet been snatched up.

Thanks, RJ

Link

http://www.clickdiamond.com/detail-2003-porsche-911-turbo-3648133.html

Old 04-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Aron is on a distinguished road
You just missed me by 2 days, or I would have popped in to have a look for you while I was up there last week.

Old 04-12-2009, 05:17 AM
AZ Ferrari Man is on a distinguished road
From my knowledge, the dealership does alot of Lease Buy backs, but other than that, that deal seems too good.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:01 PM
bga23 is infamous around these partsbga23 is infamous around these partsbga23 is infamous around these partsbga23 is infamous around these partsbga23 is infamous around these partsbga23 is infamous around these parts
I live about 10 mins from these guys, don't know anything about them. There are several high-end used car dealerships in the area and I'm guessing they get most of their inventory for auctions. If you're still interested in the car I might be able to check it out for you, but I don't know too much about 996TTs.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:08 PM
rjsmd is on a distinguished road
Local reputation of the dealer in question is neither among the best or worst in the area. If you want to pursue the car, I recommend typical due diligence. Pull both CarFax and AutoCheck, then if you work a deal, make it contingent upon a PPI. Their new location is not far from Porsche North Scottsdale. I don't know if Evo Motorsports will do a PPI, but they certainly know Porsches, especially high performance tuning of said vehicles.

A third option would be Autohaus (iautohaus.com). They are straightforward, honest, clean, and knowledgable. They sell and service many a Porsche. I have purchased cars from them, referred others, and had cars serviced by them. No complaints so far. No business is flawless, but I will say this, of the rare issues for which I was either personally involved or aware, each was handled rapidly and to the absolute satisfaction of the customer. I was looking at an M3 convertible for my wife a while back, from an independent dealer similar to the one your are considering. I had a PPI done at the nearby BMW dealership. They did not want me to bring the car to Autohaus, stating that they were concerned about potential competitive bias on the part of Autohaus. The BMW dealer stated the car was good, save a suspension issue that would be covered under the remaining warranty. I then drove the car over to Autohaus, just to have them take an unofficial peek. Within a few minutes of walking around the car, the service manager said "This car's been hit and repaired! Looks like it was done very well, but just short of undetectable." He then proceeded to show me the subtle evidence of the repair. He then opined that the car looked good, and as a "friend" would not warn me off the car, if I really liked it, but suggested that the purchase price reflect the prior undocumented repair.

Last but not least, Stuttgart Southwest has been highly regarded by more than a few, but I have no personal experience to relate.

GL with your acquisition.