Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

How many of you are running with fuse 22 pulled?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 07:35 PM
astondude is on a distinguished road
Just make sure you put the Fuse #22 back when you do the Emissions inspection or it won't pass according to AM dealer at Tysons Corner, VA.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:52 AM
XXXAngelXXX has a little shameless behaviour in the past
to quote Rick from DMS:

*Hi removing fuse 22 will not damage the ecu it purley remove the power supply to a vacuum valve and the code flagged by the ecu does not put on any warning lamps and as nearly all the cars i see have either the fuse removed, the vacuum pipes blocked or a switch fitted i would not be concerned, works service will even fit you a bypass switch so if it could affect warranty i am sure they would not carry out this upgrade, If the fuse is removed for long periodsthe valves on the exhaust could seize, but if you are leaving the fuse out are you going to be concerned, by blocking off the pipes that go to the valves on the exhaust will not flag any codes so for long term disconnection i would recommend this method.*

Old 05-27-2009, 09:23 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
By my comment, I should have said you do not "need" to pull the fuse using aftermarket exhaust w/o valves. There are reports of fault codes and emmision errors during service using AM diagnostic equipment, according to several owners on the AMOC site. Not sure what their mileage was ... why pull fuse 22 if you have an aftermarket exhaust - makes no sense ? I pulled the exhaust hoses (recommended by dealer, they suggested not pulling fuse 22), ran my car for about 3k miles then decided on aftermarket products. I had no issues then and am having none now.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:24 AM
SPEEDMAN is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
By my comment, I should have said you do not "need" to pull the fuse using aftermarket exhaust w/o valves. There are reports of fault codes and emmision errors during service using AM diagnostic equipment, according to several owners on the AMOC site. Not sure what their mileage was ... why pull fuse 22 if you have an aftermarket exhaust - makes no sense ? I pulled the exhaust hoses (recommended by dealer, they suggested not pulling fuse 22), ran my car for about 3k miles then decided on aftermarket products. I had no issues then and am having none now.
i pulled it on the original exhaust and have not put it back since i put the aftermarket exhaust on it.

I'll just put it back. Is that fine with you?

Old 05-27-2009, 09:31 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
Or leave it pulled and let us know the long term effect ...

Old 05-27-2009, 10:08 AM
There are reports of fault codes and emmision errors during service using AM diagnostic equipment
ROFL...

there are rumours that fuse 22 eats drivers.....

Old 06-05-2009, 04:14 AM
rick-dms- is on a distinguished road
removing fuse 22 does leave a code in the ecu but it does not give emission errors, or cause running concerns etc, hi angel didn't know about this forum, found somewhere else to play,

Old 06-05-2009, 04:24 AM
bah

Old 06-18-2009, 08:17 AM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
Is there a picture to show what pipes to the valves need to be blocked off?

Old 06-18-2009, 02:23 PM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
Just go under the car and look at the left side pipe first (since it's easier to see it on that one)and pull the little rubber hose and then go and check the right pipe (by now you know how it looks like). The one on the right side is not at the same corresponding location with respect to the unit but slightly offset. You'll love the result!

Old 06-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Where in location to the car, i.e. middle, rear, etc?

Are they the only hoses connected to the pipes?

Should they be plugged?

Old 06-18-2009, 02:49 PM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
Just dive under the car where you see the pipes exiting the rear panel at the rear end of the car and you should see them. They are connected on the top of the pipe to a valve-like housing (excuse my poor description). I didn't see any other "rubber" hose connection there so you shouldn't get confused. They are almost as thick as a regular pencil. I've seen recommendations to plug them but I did not do it myself since I was not sure.
so far so good.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:08 PM
pratt is on a distinguished road
i have an 09 vantage and the dealer pulled the fuse for me. I love the sound and have no engine problems, etc. The dealership said that with the new models there is no issues pulling fuse 22.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:42 PM
Think I got them. Drivers side real easy, passenger's side little higher up and tucked away. If I like the change I will probably plug them. Vacuum lines open never sound like a good idea.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:32 AM
rick-dms- is on a distinguished road
the vacuum pipes do need to be plugged, here is a link about fuse 22 and how to remove it i will do a step by step article on decorking with pictures this weekend, on the article about fuse 22 there are some links to how to remove it, also with pictures,

http://www.derbymotorservices.com/fa...act+or+Fiction

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How many of you are running with fuse 22 pulled?