Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Insurance Company?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 07:41 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Insurance Company?

I called Liberty Mutual to get insurance for the DB9 and was told they don't write for it. What companies to you owners use? TIA

Old 10-27-2008, 08:18 AM
sanjay is a jewel in the roughsanjay is a jewel in the roughsanjay is a jewel in the rough
Chubb

you should use a broker imo when you have specialized needs - they can do all this legwork for you

Old 10-27-2008, 09:12 AM
lawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the rough
state farm. its sad that its cheaper to insure my db9 than it was to insure my evo.

it looks like you liked it enough to get one judging by your sig, congrats.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:58 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Originally Posted by lawin
state farm. its sad that its cheaper to insure my db9 than it was to insure my evo.

it looks like you liked it enough to get one judging by your sig, congrats.
Thanks. I feel like a copy-cat and you'll know why after i post pictures after Wed's delivery.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:38 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
State Farm here. Cost me about the same as the 996TT.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Thanks. I've got calls into the State Farm agent I've been quoted from before and the local Chubb agency. MetLife is going to be about $3000/year and I have a clean record, over 25, etc. Seems like a lot.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by Red Devil
Thanks. I've got calls into the State Farm agent I've been quoted from before and the local Chubb agency. MetLife is going to be about $3000/year and I have a clean record, over 25, etc. Seems like a lot.

That does seem quite high. I pay around $1300-$1400/year. I am 38 and live in Chicago for comparison.

Adam

Old 10-28-2008, 05:47 AM
MetLife must be unrealistic right now b/c I did a quote comparison for 4 cars I have with them and Liberty Mutual saves me almost $3000/year. I changing for sure but want them all to be together and LM doesn't write for Aston. GMAC Insurance sent me something b/c of the Saab I own so I'll check them too.

Originally Posted by alevine
That does seem quite high. I pay around $1300-$1400/year. I am 38 and live in Chicago for comparison.

Adam

Old 10-28-2008, 12:47 PM
stearnsn is an unknown quantity at this point
I have Liberty Mutual but have a Vantage. It took them a couple days to figure it out and some discussion with a supervisor. I pay $3000/yr for all four cars.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:35 PM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about

Adam
wow thats dirty cheap, we pay about that much for my M3, its under my fathers name 57 yr. old w/ 5 vehicles on insurance.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:24 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Id go with Chubb if i were you - they specialize in the high-end home/car/items market. I also use a compay called Westfield Insurance (out of Ohio) for many of my clients high-end vehicle needs (Ferrari, AM, Bentley, etc)

Good Luck...and remember to ASK for a 'true' Agreed Value policy.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Id go with Chubb if i were you - they specialize in the high-end home/car/items market. I also use a compay called Westfield Insurance (out of Ohio) for many of my clients high-end vehicle needs (Ferrari, AM, Bentley, etc)

Good Luck...and remember to ASK for a 'true' Agreed Value policy.
Just curious, what is a 'true' Agreed Value Policy? Is this something all carriers offer?

TIA,
Adam

Old 10-31-2008, 08:23 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Just curious, what is a 'true' Agreed Value Policy? Is this something all carriers offer?

TIA,
Adam
Adam,

Not all carriers have this. An Agreed Value policy is when the vehicle in question is rated based upon a value (dollar amount) that YOU the insured dictate to the company. You then "agree" on the value and premium (usually costs a little more for this coverage) and in the event of a total loss/theft you get that EXACT amount.

Why is this important?

Well, for high-end cars (Porsche, AM, Ferrari, etc) the value of a specific vehicle can very GREATLY from one to the next. For example, a Porsche 993.....say a 1996 car. Some places you might be able to get one that is all beat up and has lots of miles/no options for VERY cheap (like 19k or something like that) - and then another 1996 car might be worth over $40 Grand due to the up-keep, miles, mods, options, etc.

I hope this makes sense....if you want more info feel free to PM me.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Adam,

Not all carriers have this. An Agreed Value policy is when the vehicle in question is rated based upon a value (dollar amount) that YOU the insured dictate to the company. You then "agree" on the value and premium (usually costs a little more for this coverage) and in the event of a total loss/theft you get that EXACT amount.

Why is this important?

Well, for high-end cars (Porsche, AM, Ferrari, etc) the value of a specific vehicle can very GREATLY from one to the next. For example, a Porsche 993.....say a 1996 car. Some places you might be able to get one that is all beat up and has lots of miles/no options for VERY cheap (like 19k or something like that) - and then another 1996 car might be worth over $40 Grand due to the up-keep, miles, mods, options, etc.

I hope this makes sense....if you want more info feel free to PM me.

Awesome Information and wonderful explanation! I had no idea this existed but it really makes a ton of sense. I actually had this issue come up on a car I had that was a total loss about 15 years ago. It cost me about $10k, a lot to me back then. I am going to all my State Farm agent and discuss this. Thanks for the detailed info. I love this board!

Regards,
Adam