Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

GMP Is Now Importing Gruppe M!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 02:59 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
GMP Is Now Importing Gruppe M!!!!!!!

ASTON MARTIN V8 VANTAGE COUPE & ROADSTER Carbon Fiber Intake System by GruppeM

Click Images to Enlarge!

Takes about two weeks to arrive on any Gruppe M system.

What do you guys think?

Old 01-23-2009, 03:15 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
What does it do? Increase air-flow?

Old 01-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
It's a beautiful kit...do you have any dyno numbers?

Old 01-23-2009, 04:03 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
There are dyno numbers on their website and the CD they sent us for the intakes. We just got it this week so we are adding everything we can as fast as we can. Increased air flow, better throttle response, and decrease in temperature than the factory boxes. I'm not sure but there might be some added sound to it and of course there is the gorgeous wow factor. I will try to add the dynos on Monday but also keep in mind that fans can't duplicate driving 65mph and the number can change based on your climate conditions as well. Not so much with NA cars but every little bit plays its part.

Old 01-24-2009, 03:45 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
I love the way it looks.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:58 AM
Banned
1JDM996 has a spectacular aura about1JDM996 has a spectacular aura about1JDM996 has a spectacular aura about
Gruppe M is the way to go; JDM-Euro is the trend of 2009! got it for my 996tt already!

Old 01-26-2009, 07:19 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
Matthew - Have you installed it on a 4.3 w/ "Power Pack" ? Wondering about effect ...

Old 01-26-2009, 07:40 AM
Matthew - and in answer to your actual question, I am sure it looks great and adds some amount HP, but to give you some honest feedback - the price seems very high. I hate to sound cheap but it costs more than the dealer installed Power Pack - and that gives 20 hp, remaps the ECU and "opens up" the breathing capability too. Do not get me wrong - I am sure these parts are of a high quality, it is just my humble opinion, as a possible buyer/user, that the price is not there vs gain (forget the bling, it is all under the hood). As an example when I modded my P-cars I used TechArt parts - very good quality, excellent engineering, higher prices than most other aftermarket brands - but I felt I was getting a good value still at below factory prices. This price feels like it is above an AM cost - and AM is "very proud" of their stuff.
Anyway you asked, so I thought I would give you some feedback ...

Old 01-26-2009, 10:39 AM
Site Sponsor
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
Matthew - Have you installed it on a 4.3 w/ "Power Pack" ? Wondering about effect ...

Sorry Michael, I have not yet sold any of these units yet. I have had them on my own cars in the past before I worked for GMP Performance from buying from them direct in Japan. I have several clients purchase these intakes so I have brought it to GMP Management and agreed to carry it so We are just starting to add everything to the site and upload pricing and post in the forums.

They usually provide dyno charts although I personally don't like dynos because you can't feel the difference in the car unless you install it and drive it on the street or track. Unfortunately they don't have one posted on their website for the Aston. They avg I think about 10-20 hp on most of their intakes. I can tell you this that the car will breathe more efficiant, and breathe in cooler air because its made out of carbon and will help fight the battle of heat.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:44 AM
Site Sponsor
Matthew - and in answer to your actual question, I am sure it looks great and adds some amount HP, but to give you some honest feedback - the price seems very high. I hate to sound cheap but it costs more than the dealer installed Power Pack - and that gives 20 hp, remaps the ECU and "opens up" the breathing capability too. Do not get me wrong - I am sure these parts are of a high quality, it is just my humble opinion, as a possible buyer/user, that the price is not there vs gain (forget the bling, it is all under the hood). As an example when I modded my P-cars I used TechArt parts - very good quality, excellent engineering, higher prices than most other aftermarket brands - but I felt I was getting a good value still at below factory prices. This price feels like it is above an AM cost - and AM is "very proud" of their stuff.
Anyway you asked, so I thought I would give you some feedback ...
Thanks Mike, What does the OEM power pack include in its package and what is the price?

Right off the bat I can say that the intake for this car has a smaller market than say the BMW intakes such as the 335 and M3 ones which have a much larger market than Aston Martin. They will sell more of those than the Aston version. With these carbon intakes, the more you can make at one time the cheaper it will be. They would be foolish to make as many Aston intakes as they did 335 intakes because there are simply not as many on the road. Not only are there fewer Astons made, There are even fewer people like yourself who actually want to modify it after they buy it.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:27 PM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
Thanks Mike, What does the OEM power pack include in its package and what is the price?

Right off the bat I can say that the intake for this car has a smaller market than say the BMW intakes such as the 335 and M3 ones which have a much larger market than Aston Martin. They will sell more of those than the Aston version. With these carbon intakes, the more you can make at one time the cheaper it will be. They would be foolish to make as many Aston intakes as they did 335 intakes because there are simply not as many on the road. Not only are there fewer Astons made, There are even fewer people like yourself who actually want to modify it after they buy it.
I believe the AM power kit includes a new intake manifold, intake ducting with switching airbox valves, and ECU changes, and it is around $4500. Here's a link to AM with a description.

http://www.astonmartin.com/thecompan...3-e7ec09d8c695

As for the intake, no question this is a great intake. As I posted in another post, I'd imagine that it would probably be good for at LEAST 20hp just because this car seems to run out of breath at the top end and I think airflow is very limited. The ram air should really help with that. But that said, despite it being made of carbon fiber, it certainly is pricey. I think real-world impressions, dyno numbers (admittedly tough to show the real improvement), or even better, track times would go a long way towards justifying the cost

Old 01-26-2009, 02:13 PM
Matthew - I think you may be answering your own/our true Mkt question. So if we get the power of 6-speed readers and get 5 guys together and a group buy/build would the kit cost $1500 ? Or 10 ...

Old 01-26-2009, 02:24 PM
Matthew - I think you may be answering your own/our true Mkt question. So if we get the power of 6-speed readers and get 5 guys together and a group buy/build would the kit cost $1500 ? Or 10 ...
I'm in...if this kit was $1500 I'd buy one today.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:46 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Tahoe M3
I'm in...if this kit was $1500 I'd buy one today.
Add me at $1500. You know, a huge 6speed discount buy could be a great move for you to spread your exsposure through the AM owners.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:28 AM
I'm in @ $1500 - so Matthew, I'm sure there are a few more folks out there too ... JayMoney is correct ....and now the ball is in your court, you have a group buy if you can put it together ...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GMP Is Now Importing Gruppe M!!!!!!!