Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston Martin Lagonda Concept

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 08:28 AM
bigu is on a distinguished road
Aston Martin Lagonda Concept

Aston Martin announced the revival of its Lagonda brand at the Geneva Motor Show Wednesday morning. Along with the announcement comes a vehicle simply known as the Lagonda Concept — a bulky, retro-styled all-wheel-drive four-seat luxury sedan geared toward high-performance and exclusivity.

“The Lagonda is the luxury car of the future,” says Chief Executive, Dr Ulrich Bez, “a combination of total usability, a new form and innovative new technology and materials.”

Very few details on the car were announced. So far there is no indication of V12 engine’s specs, performance figures, or new technologies. Although labeled as a concept, the new Lagonda model is believed to be headed for production in the near future, albeit with some changes more suited to a production vehicle.

Aston has indicated the Lagonda brand will explore alternative powertrain solutions including flexfuel, low emission diesel and hybrid systems. “We are still very much at the conceptual stage,” admitted Bez.

“An Aston Martin is an authentic, pure sports car,” says Dr. Bez, “but Lagonda is something else, a new brand that will reach into new markets. Lagonda will create a new kind of customer relationship, instilling the spirit of travel, adventure and style into a single, formidable package.

Dr. Bez did not indicate how many models are planned for Lagonda, nor did he give any pricing estimates or a production timetable.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 06-08-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:29 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
I have no love for this "concept"

Old 03-06-2009, 06:44 AM
Banned
artlu will become famous soon enough
this is "hideous" on Aston's part.... it reminds me of the stupid Cayenne...

Old 03-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Rune is an unknown quantity at this point
Rear needs some work. 5series lights front and rear, yes!!!!
Better looking than most SUV's......................

A mix of BMW, Porsche, Bentley, and uuuhhhhhhh Nissan???

Old 03-06-2009, 12:10 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
Hehehe, yupp Murano and Infinity FX35 jumped in my mind the second I saw the rear.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:25 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
Makes the Panamerica look good ... what are they thinking ?

Old 03-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
don't care for it AT ALL but I still remember how everybody was poopooing the Cayenne concept and it ended up selling like warm bread over the counter.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:24 AM
bigu is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Kamran
don't care for it AT ALL but I still remember how everybody was poopooing the Cayenne concept and it ended up selling like warm bread over the counter.
Cayenne is always greatest!

Old 03-10-2009, 09:04 PM
Badazzv8 is on a distinguished road
That thing looks retarded.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:28 PM
rezf is on a distinguished road
I agree that it is "visual pollution/" BUT, I never get worked up for concept car presentations. It is highly unlikely, the production version would wholly or almost there of resemble this concept. You will see some design elements work themselves through the production versions...perhaps, the gigantic vertical grill, the taillights or headlights, that's about it. Astons have always been universally loved designs, I don't think that's about to be changed

Old 03-15-2009, 09:50 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
we all say it's the fugliest thing ever but we end up loving it...(including myself)

going after cayenne i am guessing

Old 03-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
excuse me...but cayenne is still very ugly (yes it's subjective)

Old 03-16-2009, 01:37 AM
Banned
1JDM996 has a spectacular aura about1JDM996 has a spectacular aura about1JDM996 has a spectacular aura about
infiniti fx? lawl.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:48 AM
GRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud of
Am I the only one that feels producing an AM SUV would water down the brand?

Old 03-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by GRACEHMS
Am I the only one that feels producing an AM SUV would water down the brand?
No, I'm there with you. However, I don't worry much about it since I don't believe that Aston can pull it off given their size and capabilities. They will need some kind of external joint venture for this project and in this time and era it just seems very unlikely.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston Martin Lagonda Concept