Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Cleaning the wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 06:12 PM
acabrera will become famous soon enough
Cleaning the wheels

Since I've had my Vantage for over a year now, the hardest part of keeping it clean has been the wheels (inside the wheels, to be more precise). I recently picked up a tool that looked promising. The shaft is plastic and the fingers look harmless so I felt ok with giving it a shot.

You attach it to your drill, insert in the wheel openings and it rotates through the grease and dust (after spraying some degreaser, of course). It works a lot better than anything I've tried before so I thought I would share with the group. My wheels finally look showroom clean.

I picked this up from Adam's Polishes but I'm sure there are other vendors as well. Has anyone used anything like this before? Did it work for you? If not, have you found anything better?

Hope this helps any of you Saturday morning bucket warriors.

[IMG]PowerStick.jpg[/IMG]

Attached Images  
Old 04-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Rob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant futureRob in KC has a brilliant future
I haven't used the powerstick. But I have had good luck with the EZ Detail Brush. Same idea, but no drill involved. I got mine at autogeek.net. They just came out with their own version that is supposedly a little better, but it is essentially the same thing.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:43 AM
achilles99 will become famous soon enough
+1 on the EZ Detail brush. Works great. I was debating on the drill version, but since I use the EZ brush with water I figured it would be best to keep tools away. I actually found that spinning the brush isn't as fast as just moving the brush left/right inside the wheel.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:54 AM
Dally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to beholdDally is a splendid one to behold
Theres a spray foam that works really well. As far as I can recall I think its made by Eagle one or Meguiars. Either way, after years of cleaning cracks and crevaces and what not the spray on, rinse off, buff up if you please stuff is the only way to go imo.

Nice AM.