Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

No idea what to title this...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 05:58 PM
pistolpete is on a distinguished road
Stopped by Miller Motorcars in Long Island on Sat. They had a black 06 manual V8 on the lot with 12K miles listed for $75K. The car looked immaculate.

Last edited by pistolpete; 01-18-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:37 PM
AttorneyMike has a spectacular aura aboutAttorneyMike has a spectacular aura aboutAttorneyMike has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DrScoles
OK, few questions on the car I'm looking at. Just the got the service records. An 07 with 7K miles on it. Been to the dealer 5 times to get 11 things fixed... Is this normal shakedown for these cars? Seems like a lot for only having 7K miles on it??

Thanks, Mike

I bought mine, an 07, with about that same mileage from Newport Beach Aston Martin almost a year ago. James Peac0ck who is I dealt with and he was great. Since then I take the car to Park Place Aston (presuming that is where you would bring the car as well). Vincent is the head mechanic over there and he is great-a straight shooter. Aston's service is detached from the rest of the Park Place service, which was a great relief for me after dealing with them with my Lotus Elise.

These cars have lots of little things with them that may cause the car to have to go in a handful of times early on in its life. The service history on mine was about the same as the one you are talking about and it was all little stuff. If the car has been driven a bit, I think it is a good thing-for some reason I was scared of the 06-07 cars with less than 2,000 miles on them.

Since we are both in the same relative area, let me know if you have anymore questions re:Aston ownership in Washington.

Good luck and you won't be disappointed if you pull the trigger.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:17 PM
Jay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud ofJay_Davis has much to be proud of
OK, few questions on the car I'm looking at. Just the got the service records. An 07 with 7K miles on it. Been to the dealer 5 times to get 11 things fixed... Is this normal shakedown for these cars? Seems like a lot for only having 7K miles on it??

Thanks, Mike
It depends what those 11 things are. My 09 has technically been brought in for 12 things, but most of them are dumb little things (loose molding, interior squeaking, etc). None were of the kind that required an immediate service trip, I waited until a convenient time and brought it in for all of them at once.

So you need to look at the particular problems themselves and evaluate them as to whether or not they indicate possible future problems. Big difference between a loose molding or two and repeating electrical problems.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:46 AM
DrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura about
I put a deposit down yesterday! I am flying to LA tomorrow with check for the balance in hand... It is the exact car I want. Thought I wanted red calipers, and they offered to paint them for me, but I'm gonna stick with the body colored ones, I think its a little more subtle.

They wouldn't budge on the price, and I had an in at the dealer. Its got 7K miles, still under warranty, I can't wait to see it!

Attached Images  
Old 01-22-2010, 04:25 PM
NIBV8 is on a distinguished road
Congratulations. I don't think you will be disappointed with your selection. At least you know the previous owner took care of the car and actually brought it to the dealer for issues/repairs.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:02 PM
Former Vendor
Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !Stuart Dickinson Is a GOD !
I put a deposit down yesterday! I am flying to LA tomorrow with check for the balance in hand... It is the exact car I want. Thought I wanted red calipers, and they offered to paint them for me, but I'm gonna stick with the body colored ones, I think its a little more subtle.

They wouldn't budge on the price, and I had an in at the dealer. Its got 7K miles, still under warranty, I can't wait to see it!
Good luck sleeping tonight!!!

Old 01-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
AstonAficionado will become famous soon enough
Congratulations! I do love the Vantage in silver, but of course I'm biased. I painted my black calipers red and really like 'em. One of these days I'll post some pics. Regardless, you're going to love the car.

Old 01-23-2010, 05:19 PM
DrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura about
I'm getting on a plane to see my car! Perma grin is setting in....

Old 01-24-2010, 04:46 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
So why in the hell are these guys asking $85K for these cars! I see a bunch of people saying they got them in the 60's, and they have depreciated since then.... I just feel like an idiot offering $15K-20K less than the asking price.
Why would anyone sell their car for $15k less than the book value? I had mine up for sale before the snow knocked on my door... 07, 7k miles, sportshift, quicksilver exhaust, radar... loaded to the teeth for $80. Paid a lot more for it before the automotive crash and I rather keep it than sell it for $60k or any other dream figure you buyers come up with. My .02 cents gents and now back to the Football Game

Old 01-25-2010, 12:08 PM
Lev, My point wasn't to say the car wasn't worth X value, it was the disparity in price I was seeing that confused the hell out of me. One would be $86K and a similar car would be $72K. I paid $78. The car is pristine...

I see you had an M3 also, I have an 05 SMG comp package car that I love. My wife's dad may take it off my hands, and then we can keep it in the family!

Old 01-25-2010, 12:23 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
Dr,

First, let me congratulate you on the purchase of the Aston !!!!!

For $78k I would have sold you mine as well with full factory options, Quicksilver exhaust and OEM exhaust, K-10 hard wired radar, red calipers as you wished, recent inspection and warranty until August Not sure if you are a sportshift fan at all, but I could not live without it hehehe.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:38 PM
LOL, I had to have sportshift for two reasons... The M3 and the wife... I love paddle shifting and my wife can't drive stick. Is yours tungsten silver? How many miles... ? Too late, but curious, mine is paid for and going onto the truck today! I wish you would have chimed in earlier, I would have liked to consider your car.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Tungsten Silver/black interior with red stiching. It's been listed on the for sale section since november if I recall right. Mileage 7600 or so. Forgot that it has the full bra(front, sides, arches) and Ipod hookup Sorry you didn't see my ad as I am in Montana as well, closer to you than any other V8V dealer besides the one in Seatle area.

Last edited by SonicKrack; 01-25-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:22 PM
Crap. I love the red stitching! How much was your ipod adaptor? Does it go though nav screen or the radio. I can't believe I didn't catch this...

Thanks, Mike

Old 01-25-2010, 01:44 PM
Mike,

Not sure how much the previous owner spent on it. He is a true car aficionado... talking Ferraris and Porsches in his Mendocino, CA stable. It has the connector hidden in the bench behind the seats and connects to the radio I guess. I don't have an Ipod, don't know how it functions.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No idea what to title this...