Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage Battery Conditioner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 07:31 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
Vantage Battery Conditioner

Hey guys,

How the heck do I connect the battery tender? The battery is dead, cannot open the glove compartment to look at the manual... I really need some help with this issue. Much appreciated.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:03 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
AstonAficionado will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by SonicKrack
Hey guys,

How the heck do I connect the battery tender? The battery is dead, cannot open the glove compartment to look at the manual... I really need some help with this issue. Much appreciated.
My conditioner has a cigarette lighter connection, so I presume you connect it to the cigarette lighter outlet within the cabin. In the owner's manual, however, it suggests that you open the trunk and access the small panel near the right corner of the trunk nearest you (over rear passenger tire). It appears that once you access that panel, there is a small socket you can plug into in the lower left corner. You first plug the conditioner into the socket, and then plug the AC plug into the wall outlet. To remove the conditioner, you disconnect in reverse order.

Having said that, it's a trickle charger intended to maintain a charge and may not be enough to revive a totally dead battery.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:15 PM
SonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of lightSonicKrack is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks AA,

I called a California dealership as they were still open and got some usefull information. The trunk did not want to open at all, so I had to jumpstart the car and let it run for a couple of minutes. Then I connected a battery charger for about 60 minutes so at least the battery tender could be somewhat functional. I also learned that the folding function of the mirrors is gone, I guess they will have to be reprogrammed. Thanks again for the great info !!!