6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   The Vantage gets new Shoes (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/203972-vantage-gets-new-shoes.html)

JeffRB 03-07-2010 10:44 AM

The Vantage gets new rear carbon treatment

3 Attachment(s)
From Aston Martin, new carbon fiber diffuser. Absolutely stunning piece.

I had the wheels custom made for my '07 Vantage: The objective was to build a one-piece wheel that would completely fill the rear fenders with the largest tire fitment. Of course, there is no rub even thought the car is lowered from stock approx. 1.25 inches. The wheels are forged, and powdered coated satin black (the finish is in between flat and polished black). Also, the Aston Martin caps (from factory special order) were injection molded into a custom fabricated inserts for the wheels.

Special thanks to Kartoyz for making this happen.

20 X 9 front, with 245/30/20 P-Nero
20 X 11 rear, with 325/25/20 P-Nero

Additional mods on this car:

1. Lowered with H&R springs (Kartoyz)
2. N400 factory side skirts (factory)
3. N400 factory Air intake kit (factory)
4. Carbon fiber front spoiler lip
5. RSC carbon fiber mirrors
6. RSC 200 cell cats
7. RSC cat back exhaust
8. RSC engine ECU
9. Clear Armor almost everything
10. Anodized factory grill
11. color smoked (painted) side and rear lights

Thanks Toan at Kartoyz, Carlos at Dell Body, and Herschel at RSC; for the above mods.

J

alevine 03-07-2010 10:57 AM

Damn, that is HOT! It looks sweet and compliments the car very well! Your car looks awesome. Maybe I need some wheels too. :) How does it ride with the 20" wheels?

How does the car ride with the H&R springs?

Also, can you advise on the RSC ECU upgrade as it is next on my mod list?

Thanks,
Adam

DetomasoGTS74 03-07-2010 12:01 PM

wow-love those wheels! Also curious to see how she rides.

I want to get a rear diffuser as they really make the rear look nice....especially the diffuser that incorporates the rear parking sensors (AM stock).

JeffRB 03-07-2010 12:04 PM

Thanks for the compliments:

20's not problem on ride or handling (better than stock)
H&R's a little stiffer, but that is what I wanted; and the appearance greatly enhanced.

J

fsdell 03-07-2010 12:51 PM

Hi JeffRB, great looking car, I'm specially interest in the custom wheel cap, how u done it and how much would it cost, can you post a bigger pic on than?

Tahoe M3 03-07-2010 01:29 PM

Looks great, Jeff! Good to know that 325s will fit in the rear on 11" wide wheels...I'm going to need to go a bit wider than the 305s I have on now. I'm still having traction issues, although it's a lot better than it was!

JeffRB 03-07-2010 01:55 PM

more pictures of the wheels and caps

4 Attachment(s)
Did not know that Aston Martin made grey painted caps. Special ordered them they are same size as stock.

ice350 03-07-2010 02:50 PM

Well, I'm not feeling them. I'm not fond of all-blacked out wheels without a contrasting color or finish to bring them out. All-blacked out make them disappear or less significant. I can't understand spending big bucks on wheels that disappear. To each his own though.

stradaONE8 03-07-2010 04:51 PM

love it...just perfect

BealeAss 03-07-2010 06:10 PM

F'ing gorgeous!

mingso 03-07-2010 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by JeffRB (Post 2754440)
Thanks for the compliments:

20's not problem on ride or handling (better than stock)
H&R's a little stiffer, but that is what I wanted; and the appearance greatly enhanced.

J

your car looks awesome btw whats the offset for your front and rear rims just wondering if i can fit 325s on mine too

jaymoney 03-07-2010 08:06 PM

Awesome! Hat's off. I too have tons of RSC/Paramount mods and am still looking for the right Wheels. I have been holding off for a SC. What was the complete cost? Can you please give contact info?

XJRS Owner 03-07-2010 09:22 PM

Ok, you gonna' tell us what brand wheels those are, or are you keepin' it secret?

(Look like OZ)

JeffRB 03-07-2010 10:43 PM

Brand of the Wheels

The wheels are made from HRE forged barrels.

Kartoyz in San Jose (408-251-1496), designed the wheels and can give you the info. on the front and rear offsets. Ask for Toan (pronounced Twan) to get the details. He has a cad designer who he works with. The wheel machining fabricator and powder coater are located in California, and I believe that they do work for several of the major aftermarket wheel companies. I have a heavily modified BMW 135i, and I also had a set like this (different size and offsets obviously) made up for the BMW; they came out great.

I have seen the wheel quality post machining, pre powder coating; and it was amazing.
J

J

Moose///M6 03-07-2010 10:53 PM

Gorgeous car! You did a great job, tastefully modded! Nice power mods too..I love the music these cars make, I bet yours screams with that exhaust..