Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

The Vantage gets new Shoes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 10:44 AM
JeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant future
The Vantage gets new rear carbon treatment

From Aston Martin, new carbon fiber diffuser. Absolutely stunning piece.

I had the wheels custom made for my '07 Vantage: The objective was to build a one-piece wheel that would completely fill the rear fenders with the largest tire fitment. Of course, there is no rub even thought the car is lowered from stock approx. 1.25 inches. The wheels are forged, and powdered coated satin black (the finish is in between flat and polished black). Also, the Aston Martin caps (from factory special order) were injection molded into a custom fabricated inserts for the wheels.

Special thanks to Kartoyz for making this happen.

20 X 9 front, with 245/30/20 P-Nero
20 X 11 rear, with 325/25/20 P-Nero

Additional mods on this car:

1. Lowered with H&R springs (Kartoyz)
2. N400 factory side skirts (factory)
3. N400 factory Air intake kit (factory)
4. Carbon fiber front spoiler lip
5. RSC carbon fiber mirrors
6. RSC 200 cell cats
7. RSC cat back exhaust
8. RSC engine ECU
9. Clear Armor almost everything
10. Anodized factory grill
11. color smoked (painted) side and rear lights

Thanks Toan at Kartoyz, Carlos at Dell Body, and Herschel at RSC; for the above mods.

J

Attached Images    

Last edited by JeffRB; 06-20-2010 at 04:44 PM. Reason: new mods
Old 03-07-2010, 10:57 AM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Damn, that is HOT! It looks sweet and compliments the car very well! Your car looks awesome. Maybe I need some wheels too. How does it ride with the 20" wheels?

How does the car ride with the H&R springs?

Also, can you advise on the RSC ECU upgrade as it is next on my mod list?

Thanks,
Adam

Old 03-07-2010, 12:01 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
wow-love those wheels! Also curious to see how she rides.

I want to get a rear diffuser as they really make the rear look nice....especially the diffuser that incorporates the rear parking sensors (AM stock).

Old 03-07-2010, 12:04 PM
JeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant futureJeffRB has a brilliant future
Thanks for the compliments:

20's not problem on ride or handling (better than stock)
H&R's a little stiffer, but that is what I wanted; and the appearance greatly enhanced.

J

Old 03-07-2010, 12:51 PM
fsdell is on a distinguished road
Hi JeffRB, great looking car, I'm specially interest in the custom wheel cap, how u done it and how much would it cost, can you post a bigger pic on than?

Old 03-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Tahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really niceTahoe M3 is just really nice
Looks great, Jeff! Good to know that 325s will fit in the rear on 11" wide wheels...I'm going to need to go a bit wider than the 305s I have on now. I'm still having traction issues, although it's a lot better than it was!

Old 03-07-2010, 01:55 PM
more pictures of the wheels and caps

Did not know that Aston Martin made grey painted caps. Special ordered them they are same size as stock.

Attached Images     
Old 03-07-2010, 02:50 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Well, I'm not feeling them. I'm not fond of all-blacked out wheels without a contrasting color or finish to bring them out. All-blacked out make them disappear or less significant. I can't understand spending big bucks on wheels that disappear. To each his own though.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:51 PM
stradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the rough
love it...just perfect

Old 03-07-2010, 06:10 PM
BealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud of
F'ing gorgeous!

Old 03-07-2010, 07:25 PM
mingso is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JeffRB
Thanks for the compliments:

20's not problem on ride or handling (better than stock)
H&R's a little stiffer, but that is what I wanted; and the appearance greatly enhanced.

J
your car looks awesome btw whats the offset for your front and rear rims just wondering if i can fit 325s on mine too

Old 03-07-2010, 08:06 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Awesome! Hat's off. I too have tons of RSC/Paramount mods and am still looking for the right Wheels. I have been holding off for a SC. What was the complete cost? Can you please give contact info?

Old 03-07-2010, 09:22 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, you gonna' tell us what brand wheels those are, or are you keepin' it secret?

(Look like OZ)

Old 03-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Brand of the Wheels

The wheels are made from HRE forged barrels.

Kartoyz in San Jose (408-251-1496), designed the wheels and can give you the info. on the front and rear offsets. Ask for Toan (pronounced Twan) to get the details. He has a cad designer who he works with. The wheel machining fabricator and powder coater are located in California, and I believe that they do work for several of the major aftermarket wheel companies. I have a heavily modified BMW 135i, and I also had a set like this (different size and offsets obviously) made up for the BMW; they came out great.

I have seen the wheel quality post machining, pre powder coating; and it was amazing.
J

J

Old 03-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Moose///M6 will become famous soon enoughMoose///M6 will become famous soon enough
Gorgeous car! You did a great job, tastefully modded! Nice power mods too..I love the music these cars make, I bet yours screams with that exhaust..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Vantage gets new Shoes