Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Rapide test-drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 09:33 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Rapide test-drive

Great-looking car with a DB9 front, a stretch in the middle and coupe-like rear. We had 4 six-footers in there and room was OK. The suspension was great, out of the DBS. It was firm yet able to handle rough roads well. I wish my DB9 had it. Steering was sharp and the paddle-shift transmission was excellent. The only true automatic I've ever driven where I'd say I would most-likely use the paddles most of the time. I came away impressed and would say the wait was worth it.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:56 AM
cshsia is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a great car to drive, how is it as a car to be driven around in? I'm not talking about hiring a driver, but rather the comfort of passengers. I feel terrible when my passengers are bouncing around in their seats :P

I wonder if this car will make spotting an AM more common. I see Quattroportes around NYC quite often. (70k apart, but still, a value and beauty compared to the flying spur)

Old 03-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
I was in the front passenger seat for a bit and that was fine. Considering the suspension dampening, I'd say the rear passengers are OK too. My accountant, who has a Panamera 4S, liked the Porsche better than the Maserati but said the Aston trumps them both. I drove his car (Porsche) and I'd agree the Rapide was better all-around. We drove the Flying Spur Speed a few months ago and i love that thing, but it's real big.

Originally Posted by cshsia
Sounds like a great car to drive, how is it as a car to be driven around in? I'm not talking about hiring a driver, but rather the comfort of passengers. I feel terrible when my passengers are bouncing around in their seats :P

I wonder if this car will make spotting an AM more common. I see Quattroportes around NYC quite often. (70k apart, but still, a value and beauty compared to the flying spur)