Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

v12 vantage owners advice required

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 02:35 AM
franki68 is infamous around these parts
v12 vantage owners advice required

My god I love this car,i am contemplating buying one but owuld appreciate any feedback from anyone who is running one....what is the ownership experience like with it ?

Is it relaible
how much fuel does it guzzle
servicing costs

It will be a slight strecth for me to buy ,but having had a truy;ly awful year I with alot of death inmy family I want cheering up up so am considering financing one,but I dont want to find out that the cost of running it make sit prohibitive.
I am runing an r8 v8 which i love and costs next to nothing to run (1 set of tyres and one service (£400) in 3 years,and am considering the v10 r8,the v12 vanatge or the porsche gt3.The vantage is the most desirable to me as I could see me keeping that for a long time such is its beauty.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:42 PM
zambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura aboutzambono has a spectacular aura about
not that many with v12's in here

Old 03-31-2010, 01:47 PM
cshsia is infamous around these parts
yea unfortunately Americans here have no chance at the V12.

Old 04-01-2010, 03:15 AM
seriously ? That sucks,it is just such a phenomenal car.I know they are only ever making 1000 but I cannot believe they are not offering it in the USA>

Old 04-01-2010, 07:42 AM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
They are trying. Last I heard, there are 3 crumple zones in the standard Vantage which makes it very safe. Apparently left over from the Volvo relationship days. One of them is not possible with the V12 under the hood. This is the problem with the US market. I think they want Aston to crash ten cars to prove it's safe. Aston wasn't keen on that and I think that they are still negotiating. What I don't get is how a smart car, mini or lotus can be OK in the US and a V12V would somehow be less safe.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:40 AM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
If the V12 does not make it over, it will be a true loss for the U.S.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:43 PM
acabrera is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by markesq
If the V12 does not make it over, it will be a true loss for the U.S.
I thought the same thing Mark but then I wondered...aren't we painfully close to the price of a used 2009 DBS at this price point?

Old 04-01-2010, 01:50 PM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
True. but I think the Vantage looks so more aggressive.

Old 04-02-2010, 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by acabrera
I thought the same thing Mark but then I wondered...aren't we painfully close to the price of a used 2009 DBS at this price point?
Pricing is different but over here the dbs is £170,000 and the v12 £135,000 so a big difference ,although you can get big discounts (I was offered a new 12 vanatge at £117,000)

Old 04-02-2010, 02:31 AM
donahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by franki68
Pricing is different but over here the dbs is £170,000 and the v12 £135,000 so a big difference ,although you can get big discounts (I was offered a new 12 vanatge at £117,000)
WOW, why is it so damn expensive when you get the cars in Europe (other than England that is)? I asked for offers for 2010 DBS Coupe from Switzerland, Germany, and Austria from Authorized Dealers, and I got all offers in the €290,000 range, including all taxes of course, as list price.. With negotiations they went down to €245,000.. and that's the best deal I found from the three places I contacted..

Old 04-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Savile Row is infamous around these parts
seriously ? That sucks,it is just such a phenomenal car.I know they are only ever making 1000 but I cannot believe they are not offering it in the USA>

I guess the Brits are punishing us for the rebellion in the Colonies. I have heard it is a remarkable car. Jeremy Clarkson ended his show last season driving the vehicle. He was in awe; so that says something.

Old 04-03-2010, 03:49 AM
ref european car pricing....you guys are lucky in the usa,we get ripped off over here big time.

ref the v12 vanatge...best car I have driven and I have driven pretty much everything ...it isn't the fastest,but it is almost gt3 like the way it drives and it sounds epic ,and the looks and interior just make you feel like million pounds ..or dollars.
Clarkson usually talks ****,but his comments on it are what you think when you get in it,turn the key and set off..'wonderful,wonderful wonderful.'
Just have to wait a bit for it to depreciate like other astons for me to afford one,when it does I am buying one.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:46 PM
donahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of light
Latest revelations from aston martin v12 vantage

I got some good news for all of you Vantage V12 lovers in the other side of the world..

The much acclaimed and highly desirable Aston Martin V12 Vantage was never planned for the USA market much to the disappointment of all concerned. However… The wizards in engineering and product design back at Aston Martins state of the art factory in Gaydon England have been working behind closed doors to federalize this incredible incarnation of the Vantage and have now announced that the car will be available in North America for later this year!! The 6.0-litre V12 naturally aspirated engine produces 510 BHP and 420lbs of torque. Coupled with near perfect weight distribution and a revised suspension system, high performance Pirelli P Zero Corsa tires provide the V12 Vantage with outstanding handling capabilities while the standard carbon ceramic braking system delivers immense stopping power.

http://www.astonmartin-lotus.com/blog/58/latest

Old 04-04-2010, 08:55 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
That is outstanding!! Thanks for the news.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:53 AM
they are releasing a convertible as well,the way to go if you live in warmer climate than here.God imagine that noise with the roof down ????

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: v12 vantage owners advice required