Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Am I getting old, or Aston Martin beauties are hard to play around with?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 04:01 AM
donahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of light
Am I getting old, or Aston Martin beauties are hard to play around with?

I have been a fan of customizing cars ever since I bought my first car at 18.. A Corvette LT1 back in early 90’s.. Looking for nice wheels, flashy paint jobs, matt paint jobs, Chroming this, and Carbon Fibering that, I mean the works, I have always loved making a car very personalized, and a head turner. In my past, I have placed a Hamman kit on a Ferrari 360, a Techart kit on a 996 TT, I have transformed an H1 Hummer to look like something out of this world.. I have always managed to find a way to make cars look more special in a certain way..

Today, I pulled the trigger on one of all times favorite brand, I have always wanted to own an Aston Martin, ever since they have introduced the DB7, when the Vanquish came out I was in love, but at the time, it was a bit out of my range, so I stuck to dreaming about the DB9 instead.. long story short, today, I am lucky enough to be a head in my career, and be able to afford a car that many adore, and I am thankful everyday of my life for that.. The first thing I did after signing the contract is hitting the net looking for parts to replace on my car to make it special, just like what I did with all my previous cars, but only to discover that every time I see something I like and imagine it on the car, I think that the original part is much better, what ever it was, whether it was an interior part, exterior one, wheels, or exhaust, I can’t figure out why, but I see that the DBS is at its best just the way it is, without even adding a grain of salt.. With all the respect of the sponsors here, I have the utmost respect for them, the parts they are selling are magnificent, and I really think they are in very high standards, but every time I imagine my car with any customization, I think I can not make the car look better, or sound better.. I don’t know if I am getting older, and in the process I have become a very classic man, or truly this car is just perfect the way it is.. I think this is a question I will have to live with, but I know one thing, This car looks and sounds just perfect right now.. when you stop and look at the lines, you discover the subdued grace.. and when you put your finger on the sapphire transponder and push it in, an allurement of a growl will set fire in your heart..

What do you guys think?

Best regards,

Ahdi

PS: I will attach what I think is the best video to convey the AM DBS, please watch in HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIK_5Y9h088

Old 04-06-2010, 07:40 AM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
It is very hard to do anything to make the Vantage look better. I added the N400 skirts. The exhaust is a nice mod too.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:21 AM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
It would seems as though with a larger budget there is less compromise in the vision of what the designers ultimately want to do. Plus the corvette and other cars were much less exclusive and as such much more likely to be seen on the street. I could see why it would be more justifiable to mod those cars and not a freaking awesome DBS. Plus AM really does know what they are doing with cars. There is an appeal to all of them that is just simply pure sexiness.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:37 AM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
I too have struggled with changing the car. I have added some exterior carbon and a new exhaust, filters and ecu. Having said that, my 996tt had changes to every possible part of the car. I painted parts of the interior to match the outside. I tuned the engine and added 3 different manufacturers body parts and was literally tinkering up to the week I traded it in. As far as AM's go, they are all special from the beginning. I can't think of someone who designs inside and outside as well. Really, it is the way that all premium brands should approach their products. As for the DBS, there is nothing to do to the look of the car. As far as I'm concerned, any change to the look of that car is graffiti. If you are inclined for more sound, there are cats and exhaust upgrades that will give you a bit more power as well. I think that there is an ECU flash as well. The whole thing will give you about 50HP. Your not old, you just have better taste now.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:24 AM
EZ1
EZ1 is on a distinguished road
also picked up 2010 DBS

Would nt change a thing on it. Its not age, but an appreciation for something built with so much passion, and attention to detail. Welcome to the Aston family, enjoy in good health.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:36 AM
lawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the rough
i have a similar background to the rest posting here, which is to highly mod all of my vehicles, however the DBS is an exception. like i said in your last thread, just pull fuse 22 and that is all you need to do.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:21 AM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
The entire AM line up to me is almost perfect the way it is. The only exterior changes to my Vantage are the clear taillamps, the sport wheels, and I plan on purchashing the rear carbon fiber diffuser.

It is just such a beautiful car......

Old 04-06-2010, 12:53 PM
seattle_s4 will become famous soon enoughseattle_s4 will become famous soon enough
Totally with ya...I haven't done anything to my Vantage other than:

- pulled fuse 22
- added radar/laser detection/jamming
- changed the interior reading lamps out to LEDs
- clear bra/tint

I usually mod the hell out of my cars, but the Aston is pretty much perfect in terms of looks.

I've toyed with the idea of suspension, but I scrape enough curbs as it is so I think I'll just leave well enough alone.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:23 PM
donahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of light
@markesq: your car is beautiful, and loving the license plate, I'm UCF Allumni

Originally Posted by jaymoney
As far as I'm concerned, any change to the look of that car is graffiti.
@jaymoney: That's funny lol

@EZ1: Thanks for the welcome, I am hoping I will pick up the car this weekend

@lawin: I will .. btw yours is one of the most beautiful ones I have seen..

@DetomasoGTS74: that is so minimal compared to mods on other cars

@seattle_s4: I have been following everything you have done.. What a wonderful car you have.. And how about taking it for a spin on Alki beach?? I have lived in Seattle for a short while before heading to Orlando

Old 04-06-2010, 02:55 PM
seattle_s4 will become famous soon enoughseattle_s4 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by donahdi

@seattle_s4: I have been following everything you have done.. What a wonderful car you have.. And how about taking it for a spin on Alki beach?? I have lived in Seattle for a short while before heading to Orlando

Indeed...it's fun to park the Aston at Alki and just watch the people go by and stare at it. Usually when I get back to my car there are people milling around taking pics or trying to peer through the tint to see the interior. As long as they don't scratch the paint with belt buckles or zippers, I'm cool with it.

Old 04-06-2010, 03:06 PM
stearnsn is an unknown quantity at this point
Before pulling fuse 22 do some reading here, I would not do that. Just unplug the vacuum tubes instead. Many here prefer an after-market muffler's sound. Perhaps the European exhaust is different.

Other than that I think you are correct, don't mess with your DBS.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:31 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of

Agreed, that is the exterior. Also did the AM suspension upgrade, AM power upgrade, quicksilver super sport exhaust, radar/laser diffuser and the clear bra.

I am itching for the CF rear diffuser or a supercharger though! I love the look of the diffuser on your DBS!

@Seattle-S4 How easy is it to change out the interior lights to LEDs? They are worthless stock!

Old 04-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by DetomasoGTS74

Agreed, that is the exterior. Also did the AM suspension upgrade, AM power upgrade, quicksilver super sport exhaust, radar/laser diffuser and the clear bra.

I am itching for the CF rear diffuser or a supercharger though! I love the look of the diffuser on your DBS!

@Seattle-S4 How easy is it to change out the interior lights to LEDs? They are worthless stock!

It was pretty straightforward. I did it almost 3 years ago now so I don't recall specifics, but I just took my time taking apart the light (I think there was at least one screw holding the assembly in place under the vent looking thing for the phone mic, so don't just yank on it) and swapped out the bulbs.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:10 AM
Michael 996TT will become famous soon enough
2007 Vantage - I have a cutomer gas pedal (wider for heal/toe - looks stock); changed the interior lights (easy - much better in the foot well, map and rear hatch); K&N Filters; drilled air boxes; AM Power Kit option; RSC parts - ECU, 200 cell cats & exhaust, springs (lowered) and wide spacers; tinted windows; clear bra (front and sides); Hawk brake pads/high temp brake fluid; modded under pan to allow more air into front brake area (RSC now offers this kit - a track mod) - but have done nothing to actually change the "look". I have modded every car I owned (mostly P-cars) and I believe this is still the best looking car ... stock or w/ the stuff I have "enhanced". My next car ... most likely a DBS ...

Old 04-07-2010, 08:13 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
AstonAficionado will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Michael 996TT
. . . wide spacers . . .
Sorry to cut in here, but: Michael, can you post recent pics of your car? I'd really like to see how the spacers have changed the stance of the car. Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Am I getting old, or Aston Martin beauties are hard to play around with?