Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

RSC Performance Air Filter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 11:01 PM
astondude is on a distinguished road
RSC Performance Air Filter

Well, I finally had a chance to install the RSC performance air filters. My car already has sports package and quick silver exhaust which was still giving me the throttle lag or "sluggish throttle response" especially at lower rpms. After I installed the RSC air filters, the throttle response improved tremendously. When I step on the gas pedal, the car just goes without that half second lag like in the past...feels like the engine breathes better with more rushing air. I was really surprised with the results. I wasn't looking for any hp gain although I'm sure a dyno test will show at least 3-7 hp but I sure love the new throttle response. Besides, the new filters trap dirt better than paper filters. Thanks to Stuart and the RSC team!!

Installation can be a pain cause filters are under both wheel wells and you have to remove tires, wheel well covers, aluminium cover plate underneath along with 25 screws. I did it at the dealer cause I didn't want to mess around under the car and jack both sides up...took 1-1.5 hours at dealer.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:56 AM
markesq has a spectacular aura aboutmarkesq has a spectacular aura about
What a pain to change filters. lol